Time lapse feature

I have a few Ring stick-up cam’s (battery) and I’m hoping this .gif comes through properly, but what I would love to see is a feature where you can set up the camera to take screenshots and then store them in a folder where you can later compile them into animated .gif’s. It’s really an awesome capability and you could totally brag that up as one of the cool features of Ring. I love the system, I don’t know how else to get this .gif for you to see. The way I did this one is I took a screenshot every day for a month and them combined them into a .gif. If Ring built this feature in, you could set up your timelapse how you wanted and have it done automatically. Imagine setting one up where someone was building a house or overhauling a car? The ramifications are pretty awesome.

Plants in month of feb.gif

It would be cool if I could take a week/month/year and create an automatic time lapse video. There is construction behind my house and it would be cool if I could create a video of the progress over the last few months to a year.

15 Likes

Nest already has a feature like that. I thought Ring would also have it, only to find it doesn’t. It’ll be great to have a feature like that not only for capturing a construction but also to quickly review the event across multiple days.

@MikeCA wrote:
It would be cool if I could take a week/month/year and create an automatic time lapse video. There is construction behind my house and it would be cool if I could create a video of the progress over the last few months to a year.

Here’s a time lapse video that I created using 30 second Snapshot Captures from one of my Stick Up Cam Elites.

I turned these individual snapshots into a video by using the built-in screen recorder on my iPad. Then I imported the video into the LumaFusion app and increased the speed.

I have software to do this as well… just don’t want to download a year’s worth of videos to do it. If I could download it all at once that would make it easier but as of now I have to select every video individually.

Agreed. We need the ability to select multiple video clips and download them in one batch. Even better if there was an option to concatenate them (although not necessary).

An option to concatenate the Snapshot Captures is really a MUST! Right now when I download snapshots (30 sec frequency) to my iPad’s Photos app, they are concatenated into a 15 sec. video covering a 15 min. timeframe. Just a day’s worth would be 96 video clips. Concatenating up to a 24 hour timeframe would make one manageable 24 minute video clip. In that the resolution for snapshot clips is unfortunately only 640 x 360, the file size would still be very small.

1 Like

@ CappyNear … I really like the new “Snap Capture” but I haven’t figured out how to download the snaps that are taken. I’ve only figured out how to view them. How did you download the Snaps?

Plus I really really like your idea to have an option to concatenate these snaps into a downloadable video!!!

It’s the same process as downloading a Motion or Live event. Position the timeline over a snapshot area and use SHARE to download to you iDevice. Several Snapshots (e.g., 11:02 am - 11:17 am) are concatenated into a short video file

@ CappyNear … to download “Snap Capture” pics … with your reply of, “It’s the same process as downloading a Motion or Live event. Position the timeline over a snapshot area and use SHARE to download to you iDevice. Several Snapshots (e.g., 11:02 am - 11:17 am) are concatenated into a short video file” … WOW, excellent! It works like a champ on my android phone . . . Thank you very much! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi,

I love the idea of snapshots - they are really cool, and I really want to download snapshots to create and save a movie of how things changed during the day. However the current option to download/share by default only seems to allow you to get 15 minutes - and you cannot select the time (you can position the cursor but not sure how the time “range” is selected).

So here is my suggestion to enable this:

When I select “share” on the device to download the snapshots - allow me to enter the start time and end time for the snapshots - then download all snapshots between the two times into a movie on my device.

4 Likes

Yes, please add this feature. It would be nice to access the snapshots online from my PC as it would be a lot easier to do.

I’d also like to be able to apply filters for downloading. For example, I’d like to be able to download only Motion Events between May 17 3:40 pm to May 24 11:30 am, or download only Captured Snapshots between May 12 2:40 pm to May 25 8:30 am.

I live near the ocean with a direct view. It would be so cool to be able extract an arbitrary number of snapshots of a particularly nice sunset as a continuous video, with the ability to email it.

2 Likes

@Mr_Big wrote:

I live near the ocean with a direct view. It would be so cool to be able extract an arbitrary number of snapshots of a particularly nice sunset as a continuous video, with the ability to email it.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Snapshot-Adjust-Share-Time-Frame/idi-p/25630

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Time-lapse/idi-p/35563

It would be awesome if we could download a “time lapse” video from the pictures taken between recorded events. Ive had many beautiful sunrises taken with these pictures, and no way to download a video! :frowning:

It would be great if we could specify intervals for a camera and have snapshots saved in interval folders to create Time-lapse videos/animated gifs. Or just be able to specify a time frame to save snapshots and have software to create a from-to/interval video. I love the views I get from a few of my cameras and it would be fun to do something with them beyond security.

This would be really cool, I have a spotlight cam on my back garden and a time lapse video of the garden over a year or six month would show the seasons changing and how much the garden has changed

I’d like to use my ring camera to shoot a timelapse video of a construction site under my window. I set up my device to take a snapshot as frequently as possible (I think it is every 15 minutes or so) and was very disappointed to find out there is no way to even download the images in bulk (never-mind as a timelapse video). There is also no way to filter the timeline for only snapshots. It is such a glaring omission that I wonder if it is intentional to discourage this usage scenario (although I can’t see a reason why it would be).

1 Like

a time-lapse video recording for a time period instead of using individual recordings. Basically enable an option to select time period and receive a rime laps video for that time with all the recordings / frames saved from the device selected.