Text message alerts

Please enable Ring to send text message alerts for move detection, alarm and fire detection. This will be helpful to get alerts when there is no data available but still be aware of alerts. Also a lot more people are using de-googled phones (lineage os, graphene os) and Ring doesn’t provide alerts thru the app, so text message will be really helpful.

2 Likes

yes please had no idea that alerts were missed, this is not a great idea…text would be awesome!!!

I agree wholeheartedly. I would never have purchased a Ring system had I known they don’t do text alerts. We had a Monitronics system (now Brinks) that was 8 years old and it provided text alerts. That was the only way we quicly new there was a burglary in progress since we could not answer our phones. Push notificatons are lost in the clutter of other stuff!

I fully agree with this idea… this is especially helpful given that most times, we arm the system and leave the house to go somewhere usually by car. When in the car, we’re not using our phones so we rely on our in-car infotainment system (Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, the basic Bluetooth connectivity, etc.) to inform us of any messages. Because Ring doesn’t have any integration with these systems, getting a text message makes a big difference as our in-car infotainment system will tell us and we can do something about it. Otherwise, we have no clue.

Please enable text notifications for Ring alerts. Many use cellphones without data or apps enabled but would still want to receive Ring alerts. Not having this option is very disappointing in light of other security vendors that offer such notices.