Support Yale Assure locks for Andersen Patio doors

I’d like to request that Ring support the Yale Assure locks for Andersen Patio doors (Models YRM276-ZW2 and related). These locks are zwave capable. There are already many Yale locks on the Works with Ring list, but this one isn’t there. Would it be simple to add this?

3 Likes

I also request this same functionality. This should be very simple for Ring to accomplish. Several Yale Assure Z-Wave locks are already supported by Ring. Yale confirmed for me today that all Yale Assure locks utilize the same replaceable Z-Wave module, model AYR202-ZWV-USA. Given that all Yale Assure locks with Z-Wave use this same module, and several Assure locks (with this module) are compatible, Ring should be able to certify the Yale Assure Lock for Patio Doors and add it to its App quickly.

Ring, can we please take a look at this?

Thank you.

Add me to the list. I added it as a different lock but it only sometimes unlock or lock and will say fail most of the time. Please add support!

So I bought this lock (Model YRM276-ZW2-BLK) on Amazon. The Amazon product page says it’s supported by Ring Alarm (yeah right).

TL;DR - It’s 50% working

I added the device using one of the Yale lock items. The lock adds ok and the Ring app indicates it was fully configured. Here’s what I observed:

• Manual locking/unlocking via the Ring app half works. The device responds physically, but the Ring app spins as if it never receives the status reply from the lock. If you navigate away, wait, and come back it indicates the right status
  • The Ring users codes are NOT added to the device. You have to add them manually. This is perhaps the most frustrating limitation
  • Because of the above, Alarm activation/deactivation doesn’t work.

I tried removing/re-adding the device using multiple Yale lock models and the generic device. All had the same results.

So there you have it folks. I wish Ring would enable this device formally.

Do any of you Anderson owners have Series 400 patio doors set up with a Yale Assure and Ring? If so, what model lock are you using? What functionality is missing (because of the locking procedure that involves swinging the handle down)? Thank you.