Spotlight camera .. remove the plug

I have recently purchased a wired spotlight cam and am very disapointed with the install. The camera comes with a mains cable moulded into the camera on one end and a moulded plug on the other. Please ship either without the moulded plug or a documented option to remove it. The mains supply is on the inside of the wall and the camera on the outside… I get two choices … cut the plug off and maybe have warranty issues if the device fails, or drill a very large hole to get it through…

Would like to know about this also. if i remove the plug to hardwire into exterior porch light wiring, is the warranty effected?

no external powersources for a plug that someone could simply unplug to disable the camera.

I second that idea. It would be nice if the main plug had a disconnect joint so you actually run it through a wall and reconnect. I had to cut off the plug and resplice it back after drilling the hole in the garage wall to connect the plug inside the garage.

Did you ever get a reply regarding this? I, too, have an internal power socket and would prefer to be able to drill a small hole for the wire rather than have to cut off the plug and rejoin it.

Sorry to revive old thread, but looking at getting the spotlight cam wired and have this issue.

I cannot believe the designers didn’t think about this. Can you disconnect the wiring at the camera end easily? Or do I have to cut off the plug? Am I connected for warranty if cut it?

It’s ridiculous to think we all have outside wall sockets. I’m in UK and don’t think many places do.

I have a wall socket behind where the camera will be installed so I just need to poke the wiring through the wall.

What is the hardwire kit? What happens if you buy this with the spotlight can wired, surely something has to be cut then?

Thanks