Smart Lighting brightness control while on Light Schedule

I currently run them for 4hrs at night, they also come on to full brightness when motion is sensed thoughtout the night (multiple times).

With all of that, by the time it’s morning, all the batteries are at 95%.

I would love to have the 4hrs of lights be much brighter then the current glow it offers while running on a scheduled time… Please let the end user decide their pathlight brightness while on a scheduled time.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Smart-Lighting/Can-I-adjust-the-Solar-Path-Lights-Brightness-when-it-s-on-a/m-p/48131#M1298

6 Likes

If you are able to connect your Ring account and devices to an Alexa you can set up your lights in a Routine (two different ones) to have your lights come on at a certain time and then turn off at a certain time. This will turn your lights on and allow them to be brighter. To be clear this Routine is setup in the Alexa app, not the Ring app.

I have the same problem. I tried the proposed solution but the on duration in the Alexa app still defaults to 1 min. This doesn’t work obviously. I bought the lights to use on a schedule like this. Will wind up returning them if the brightness is limited like this.

1 Like

I get that brightness is limited during long scheduled periods in order to control battery, but I think users should definitely have more control. If I want to kill my batteries every night, that’s my problem ?. It was VERY disappointing to find out this was the user experience AFTER making the purchase and setting up the lights. Giving users greater control over scheduled brightness would be a GREAT feature.

1 Like

Yes, please provide user control of brightness on a schedule ASAP! This is a glaring omission in functionality. You don’t need to protect and prevent us, we are adults. Simply warning us if the brightness will drain the batteries too quickly is sufficient. Lack of this control is significantly limiting the usefulness of these solar lights.

1 Like

Is there an official way to request this feature? If it is not added, these lights are terrible. They are almost completely off on the default level.

2 Likes

Any updates on this? Ring really needs to add this feature. I installed 4 yesterday and they aren’t worth it if they remain that bright!!

2 Likes

On Alexa app, you can make a routine to turn on lights for 15min. You just copy that routine and set time every 15 min.

Any updates on this useful feature? Otherwise, it’s default brightness is pretty useless. I rather replace battery much more frequently rather than having useless pathligh at night

Saw this request in many threads for years but it still wasn’t handled. I think Ring doesn’t care much about customer and I should not hope this request would come true. I will return all my pathlights tmr

It is imperative that the solar path lights have a brightness control in the schedule creation. The user should have full control over brightness even with a schedule. If Ring is concerned about battery life then set a ratio of brightness to schedule time.

e.g.
If schedule <= 4 hours then brightness can be max
If schedule > 4 hours but less than 6 then 50%
Etc

Agreed! However, customers have been asking for this feature for months now. I’m not optimistic about our chances.

Agree with this request, having just installed 4 of these, it would be great to be able to control their brightness

Agree on this feature. Although this request was asked for more than 2 years, there is still no any updates. Does Ring really care about customer experience?

App states that you can edit after creating the schedule, but when you go to edit their is no way to change the brightness.

I noticed the same exact thing. How can I adjust the brightness level of a light configured with a schedule?

I was shocked that this wasn’t available and disappointed now that I have them installed. I understand this may be to conserve battery life, but the light is way too dim for what is available through the Light Schedule option. Please add this and allow us to determine length/brightness based on our battery life available.

This is something that I would also like. Right now after an hour of daylight all my lights are at 100% power so I would love to adjust the lights to be brighter as I know they can take it.

1 Like

Agree! Understand that it uses 2-2.5% in the lowest setting but I only want to use the lights from 8pm to Midnight and have it be brighter than what it is today. When guests come over I will have to turn them on manually to show how awesome and bright the lights are. I understand with motion they can be made brighter but I want my house and landscaping to be illuminated IF I have the battery life to do so and I have plenty of battery to increase the lumens 20-50%.

You could also have an error message in the app that warns the user that the selected brightness will kill the light by the brightness + hours you have selected. You have a great product and want to show it off!

I concur. This is pretty annoying.

at the usual scheduled brightness setting, you can barely see my lights over LA light pollution and the crazy bright street lights.

adjusts, as the app states are available, would be great.