Solar Panel charging status

It would be great to see the solar panel status when its used with battery powered cams. Right now if a solar panel is connected there is no indication at all if its working or not. Only way to tell is to monitor the battery percentage. There should be an indication if the solar panel is charging the battery or not and how much power its putting out.

5 Likes

Solar power charging status, is the ring team going to address this issue.

There is a “Solar Panel Status” section in the app, but it doesn’t show any current information (apart from the advantages of installing a solar panel).

I have three devices with solar panel and all are the same.

I agree, there should be some way to check the panel is functioning correctly.

1 Like

would be nice, as well as showing the status, to be able to have the device work as though it was wired to the mains if the solar supply is consistently keeping the battery good enough (for folks who are lucky enough to live places where the sun plays nice!)

O.K. Ring , When Are You Going To Provide A Feature To Check Solar Panel Charging When The Solar Panel Is In Use With Batteries ? I Always Have To Call You To Have It Checked. If You Can Check It We Should Be Able To Also !

O.K. Ring , When Are You Going To Provide A Feature To Check Solar Panel Charging When The Solar Panel Is In Use With Batteries ? I Always Have To Call You To Have It Checked. If You Can Check It We Should Be Able To Also !

It would be great to know the performance of the solar panel. For example, I want to know if my solar panel is charging well. Do I need to clean the panel if it is dirty or not getting enough sunlight? Thanks!