Snooze notifications on all devices logged into the same Ring account

There should be a feature to mute notifications from motion sensors (cameras, doorbells, etc) on ALL devices (iPhones, iPads, etc) that are logged into the same ring account, from any ONE of the devices connected to the account. It can just be an additional button to have the option to “mute all devices” that are logged into the same Ring account. For example, right now, if your gardener comes to your house for an hour, you can snooze the notifications (for 30 min, an hour, or two), but only from/for one device at a time. So after I snooze my phone, my iPad, my wife’s phone, and my wife’s iPad are all still ringing/notifying around the house every minute. Very frustrating to have to go around to individually snooze every device connected to the same ring account. You should also be able to “snooze all motion sensors” at a location with one button, or individually snooze any one motion sensors, like we do now.
Thanks!

7 Likes

I second this suggestion!!!

1 Like

Do you need to elect SNOOZE on all devices such as iPhone, iPads, etc. ?

Absolutely need an option to snooze across all devices. My wife’s phone goes crazy when she’s at PT, at the Office, or anywhere else whenever I mow the lawn or work in the yard. It’s so annoying when she is in a professional setting she turns off her phone then forgets to turn it back on causing further frustration. The snooze feature should allow all devices on the same account to be snoozed. Please consider this as a very serious option. Thank you.

3 Likes

I very much like this idea because I also share one of my cameras with my neighbor.

1 Like

I fully agree with this request. It would be nice if given the option to set a snooze for:

1. all devices across an account
  2. all devices across all accounts
  3. just the current device
3 Likes

This is a feature that is very needed.

3 Likes

If I snooze on my mobile it should snooze across all my devices.
ie: Hubby cutting grass I snooze cameras on my mobile then it should be the same on my table/iPad. I should have to change every device.

2 Likes

I would like to be able to have the option of snoozing motion detection across all devices. At the moment if I am working outside I have to snooze all phones and tablets separately which is a pain, particularly if one of them isn’t here.

Thanks

1 Like

I may be missing it somewhere, but it would be a nice feature if it doesn’t exist.

I have the ring app on my phone and pad. If I arm/disarm my system on the either device, should i look at the other device it shows arm/disarm etc. Works great!!

However, if I want to snooze my devices - I have to use both pad and phone to completely snooze my devices. If I only did it on the phone let’s say - my cameras are still armed and sending alerts- until I go to the pad and snooze the devices on it as well - then the cameras are quiet until the snooze time has ended.

Just seems like it would be a great addition to have the snooze creature act like the arm feature on the ring app. Arming or Snoozing, on either pad or phone covers the whole system.

Thanks

1 Like

Currently the iOS app replicates the notification muting instead of actually snoozing camera notifications to all apps that have access to that camera. Basically it replicates what iOS already does.

What it should do instead, which it used to do a while ago, is not send any notifications to any apps while snooze is active on that specific camera. The use case is that I want to activate snnooze on the camera, not on the phone, and I want it to not wake my partner when I do this.
I don’t want my partner to receive notifications from the camera on her device, to not wake her up for instance, but set all this up from my app. It used to work like this, not sure why that was degraded to how it works now.

1 Like

The current behavior of the Ring app is just awful. Of course, notifications MUST be silenced on all devices when notifications are snoozed. But they are not.

1 Like

Yes, RING, please get this feature added!
It would be a huge +. (3 phones and 3 tablets… It would be great to perform only 1 snooze.)

1 Like

YES! Please! I’m working and snooze it on my phone, only to have my iPad in the other room and my Mac start dinging. Add to that that if there is something going on, like the mowers or cleaners, or really any other reason that I’d want to ignore the notices for a period, it would be great if they were ignored for my wife too as there are two more devices that are dinging away.

There should be an option to snooze all devices for all appliances running the Ring app on a whole location basis. I do have Ring in multiple houses that I monitor, and need to be able to temporarily stop the notifications for a whole house for a period of time everywhere it would ding.

1 Like

I agree but would add to this. We have multiple cameras and three chimes. Every morning when I get up (much earlier than the rest of the family) and take the dog out I snooze the cameras and all three chimes (which can only be done individually). I’d really like to have a “snooze all noise” button which would temporarily silence all the chimes and camera alerts across all devices.

2 Likes

People have been requesting this very basic feature for YEARS. Global Snooze (the all-device snooze feature located on the app’s main dashboard) should disable notifications to all devices, including Alexas, Chimes, etc.

It’s simply egregious that this has been neglected for so long. Please get this done, Ring team!

2 Likes

This feature can’t come soon enough. Please get it done ASAP!!

1 Like

Please allow silencing all notifications, chimes, and motion warnings for a specified length of time.

Without this essential feature, it’s highly likely that my patience runs out after another series of 60 chimes while my wife is watering plants on the front yard, and I’ll burn all Ring products I own, cursing them by the worst words ever spoken on this planet.

While there is a feature for silencing notifications in the Ring app, it’s poorly designed and doesn’t even work as designed:

• It doesn’t silence Ring Chimes and they keep trying my patience on all 3 floors. This issue is critical and has a severe impact on usability of Ring devices.
  • It doesn’t pause motion warnings. This limitation is also critical.
  • It doesn’t silence notifications from Ring pathlights on the user’s device with silenced notifications. This is clearly a glitch that no one cares to fix even after reporting it to Ring Support a year ago.
  • It doesn’t silence the Ring Alarm Base.
  • It doesn’t silence notifications on other user’s devices.
  • It doesn’t silence notifications on devices that belong to the user’s family members.

My whole house keeps beeping and chiming every several seconds when someone is working on the front yard where I have 1 door bell, 1 security camera and a couple of pathlights. I tell you, this is a terrible experience!

You may suggest disabling motion alerts and motion warnings in the settings, but this seemly doesn’t work:

• This would require changing settings in three separate groups of devices (a door bell, cameras, and pathlights), in all chimes (3 in my case) and in the alarm base. This takes too many steps (about one hundred taps) and too much time (about 10 minutes).
  • It’s almost guaranteed to forget to revert the changes in the settings compromising the security of the house.

We already have a silencing feature in the app, it just doesn’t serve its purpose. It will be better to improve how it works.

Let’s start burning Ring products every week until this is fixed. I’m ready to start with Ring Pathlights where notifications for motion alerts aren’t disabled even on the user’s device where Ring notifications are snoozed. This is a clear glitch that has been neglected for years.

Hello! Currently, if I snooze all camera alerts on my iPhone’s Ring App…it does not also snooze on my iPad’s Ring App even though it is signed in with the same account. Can we please make this sync possible across devices? Thank you so much!! :slight_smile: