Snooze LIGHTS on floodlight camera

Please add a snooze to the security motion lights on Floodlight camera, at present this ruins any garden lighting people own like Philips Hue etc. Ideally you snooze things within Modes i.e. leave your ring doorbell fully functioning and turn off “everything” else completly off. Then add scheduling to modes so we don’t forget to arm.

I’d like the same. I have a floodlight over my garage and sometimes like having a fire pit in the evening which is interrupted by the lights turning on. I’ve tried lowering the motion range for triggering lights to the minimum but they still turn on. Please enable snoozing of lights on motion so I can be in my driveway without the floodlights turning on. Currently the only option is killing the power to the device.

3 Likes

I can’t even turn off the switch as the Philips Hue garden light is on the samr switch. Going to make a small bucket to cover the sensor. It is so obvious that it needs a snooze and/or turn off function.

Agreed please enabled this feature. So annoying to have snoozed motion alerts only to have the lights blind you as you walk out the door. Also the app is still very buggy as I have everything disabled and zones turned off. The lights still come on !!! With all the ring amazon developers this should no be too hard to develop!!!

1 Like

Would like to have the ability to “snooze” the lights on flood cams and stickup cams in the Ring App. Snoozing alerts based on motion is nice but if you’re trying to enjoying the evening ambience (like a fire pit or candlelight in your backyard), the lights turn on every time motion is detected. I’ve
change the settings to decrease the field of vision and time on after detection, however they are still a buzz kill. The ability to simply snooze the lights similarly to the motion alert snooze feature would be great! Thank you!

It is amazing there is no way to manage the lights turning on when there is motion. Seriously, why does it seem so difficult to control the lights on the flood lights. It’s maddening. Please give us the option, some of us use the floodlights around pools and other areas that you might want to move around without lights turning in every 5 minutes.

up vote

Would this work,

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

Refer to this new feature request.

I called in to tech support because I was sure I was an ■■■■■ and couldnt figure out how to do this in the menus … and I was SHOCKED to hear that this was not possible.

There is currently no way to snooze the motion lights. We have 2 floodlight cameras in our backyard and when we have people over to hang out there are constantly going ON and OFF everytime someone moves. It is incredibly annoying. They told me the only way to do this would be to power off the cameras – which are hardwired in – which would mean shutting off a circuit breaker that powers many other things. So basically an unworkable solution.

PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to snooze lights along with snoozing motions alerts!!!

39 Likes

Amazing this is not a top feature already! So annoying.

I mocked this up,

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

Refer to this new feature request . This would allow you to snooze any combination of motion alerts, recording and/or lights. As with the existing “Motion Snooze” functionality, this could be applied to all devices or on a per-device basis. Let me know what you think.

There is a work-around. You can turn all three motion zones off via Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones for Lights. Of course, you need to remember to turn them back on at the end of the evening (which I forget to do nine times out of ten).

1 Like

yes this is a great mock-up. i prey that they enact this.

@scf wrote:

I called in to tech support because I was sure I was an ■■■■■ and couldnt figure out how to do this in the menus … and I was SHOCKED to hear that this was not possible.

There is currently no way to snooze the motion lights. We have 2 floodlight cameras in our backyard and when we have people over to hang out there are constantly going ON and OFF everytime someone moves. It is incredibly annoying. They told me the only way to do this would be to power off the cameras – which are hardwired in – which would mean shutting off a circuit breaker that powers many other things. So basically an unworkable solution.

PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to snooze lights along with snoozing motions alerts!!!

YES!! How was this not built in? Did no one think of this for instances like the Fourth of July? I do not want my lights coming on while kids (and adults ?) are enjoying the firework display.
Also as previously mentioned above, what if I just want to enjoy a bonfire in my back yard without the lights switching on and off? Come on Ring, simple fix I’m sure!!

Workarounds:

1. place a switch in the line. You can then switch the electricity off to the floodlight cam.

2. flip breaker to off

3. install a smart switch to turn it off using an app.

Just some suggestions meanwhile

There is a workaround as wickedbeernut said, but this feature would definitely be nice. I routinely have to adjust it and then I have to re-enable and then reconfigure the light sensitivtiy. It would be nice to have an easier way to snooze the lights.

I’ll echo this issue. My spotlight cam is a PITA on my back deck when we sit out there in the evening. I typically put a hat or cover over the light. Ridiculous.

I think my ultimate plan (it’s a Ring Spotlight mount) is to install a smartswitch so I can turn it off for a period of time. Forgetting to turn it back on would be an issue.

Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones For Light > set all 3 to “OFF” > Save

At Device choose Linked Devices > click on device NAME: Turn on lights > set times like 8PM to 6PM > Save

at this point light will turn on when camera detected motion. Now snooze as many times as you want

Ring should hire me >.>

@scf wrote:

please add option for snoozing lights!
When sitting outside with spotlight cams on, even when I toggle lights off they come back on. So I have to flip the switch to keep them off. However, when doing this I often forget to put them back on. Which, defeats the purpose of having them.

Please provide capability to snooze lights on security cameras independent of motion. When I go outside after dark, I want my cameras to continue working but I don’t want lights attracting bugs which often come into the house when I reopen the door. Thanks.

The current “Snooze Motion” does not Snooze the floodlights from coming on when motion is detected on the Floodlight Cam.

The work around currently is to have your Floodlight Cam(s) wired through a light switch or to go to Device Settings -> Light Settings -> Motion Zones for Lights -> and turning all 3 detection areas off. This must be repeated for each Floodlight Cam and then redone to turn the lights back on.

Including the motion activation in the Snooze Motion or designing a Light Snooze would be very nice.