Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

Instead of only allowing users to snooze notifications for 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour or 2 hours; the app should allow more and longer time frames. There’s times I could be in my backyard with friends/family for hours and don’t want to keep snoozing the notifications that we’re triggering since 2 hours is the maximum I’m able to snooze them. The only fix for this that I’ve found is to switch off the camera entirely which I usually forget to switch back on at the end of the night so it makes the camera less helpful than it could be.

Could you increase the Snooze time from 4 hours max. to 6 hours?

Id like it longer than 6 hours…

1 Like

Ok, 2, 4, 6, 8, 4 hours as it is now is not enough!

3 Likes

Increase Snooze (via Notification) beyond current 2 hours.

Also make Snooze settings in app more prominent.

2 Likes

Please extend the maximum “Snooze motion on all cameras” duration from four hours to 12 hours with one- or two-hour increments. The default duration can remain two hours for backwards compatibility. This should be a trivial change.

Motivation: If I know I’m going to be working in the yard all day, I don’t want to have to stop every four hours to (re)disable motion notifications.

4 Likes

Yup. In both the popup and inside the app, it should just have a slider from 0-24.

3 Likes

I mocked this up based on 30 minutes to 12 hours and combined it with a few other related “snooze” enhancements,

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

Refer to this new feature request.

2 Likes

Please increase the snooze time to 8 hours!! For shift workers it is important as you want a way to sleep during the day without constant announcements - but still want the video recordings!!

Please increase to 8 hours - its an easy update

2,4,6,8 or even 12 and 24 hours!

Please support this for ALL cameras and devices - not just Doorbell pro

4 Likes

@Ring

please extend snooze time as others have indicated. 4 hours isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Please extend snooze times. When you have construction going on at your house during the day 4 hours is not enough.

2 Likes

This is especially important now that school kids are staying home from school due to COVID. I don’t want to keep getting notifications all day while they are home and I’m at work. If the snooze time has longer options, it would be more convenient.

2 Likes

This family has long shifts. Some members are staying home because if Covid. It’d be great to have 8, 10, and 12 hour options in snooze.

3 Likes

Bad user interface design. No reason to limit the snooze time, make it 0~24 hrs. Simple change for developers as well, just change the constant number from 4 to 24 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Make your stupid snooze option with longer times!! Such as 24 hours! 48hrs etc! Such a waste of my life I don’t want to turn it off but when I’ve verified guests at a property aren’t doing anything troublesome I don’t want to be have to snooze your app every 4 hours every day of my life!

Why are your overpaid developers incapable of such a SIMPLE feature request! Make the slider bar have more options pretty simple! Add 24 hrs, 48, 72, and even 7 days!

27 up votes 15 comments for something that takes 5 minutes we all pay together over $3,000 a year seems pretty reasonable for 5 minutes of your time! That should have been there to begin with!

2 Likes

Extend snooze time to 24hrs in increments of 1 hr.

Not sure about others but for those of us that have vacation rental properties, it sure would be nice to have a 24 hour snooze. I care about motion detection when nobody is supposed to be there. When we have expected guests, I don’t care to get real time motion alerts. With the current 4 hour snooze limit, the alerts go off either for late nighters or early risers (sometimes both).

1 Like

It should also have the option to pick a date and time for the snooze if you don’t want to pick a set number of hours. We have guests that stay at our vacation home and I want to snooze it until they are scheduled to leave.

Almost 3 years after the first request for this feature (which frankly should have bee a default from Ring) - I still cannot disable motion from one camera to all ring chimes and devices.

Expected behavior:
Snooze motion alerts from within the ‘video doorbells’ section, in turn this snoozes all devices (ring chimes, my phone, my wife phone, etc etc).

Current behavior:
Disable motion alerts on my phone for the video doorbell. Ring chimes still all chime, as does my wife phone.

Having to go into each device to disable the chime is crazy, and surely not what the user would expect to happen when you go into the doorbell and select snooze. You’d expect motion alerts for all devices to snooze, not just the device in my hand at the time!