cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snooze LIGHTS on floodlight camera

Snooze LIGHTS on floodlight camera

I called in to tech support because I was sure I was an idiot and couldnt figure out how to do this in the menus ... and I was SHOCKED to hear that this was not possible.

There is currently no way to snooze the motion lights.  We have 2 floodlight cameras in our backyard and when we have people over to hang out there are constantly going ON and OFF everytime someone moves.  It is incredibly annoying.  They told me the only way to do this would be to power off the cameras -- which are hardwired in -- which would mean shutting off a circuit breaker that powers many other things.  So basically an unworkable solution.

PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to snooze lights along with snoozing motions alerts!!!!

9 Comments
New Neighbor

Amazing this is not a top feature already! So annoying.

New Neighbor

I mocked this up,

Enhance "Snooze motion on all cameras" Mockup 

Refer to this new feature request .   This would allow you to snooze any combination of motion alerts, recording and/or lights.  As with the existing "Motion Snooze" functionality, this could be applied to all devices or on a per-device basis.  Let me know what you think.

There is a work-around.  You can turn all three motion zones off via Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones for Lights.  Of course, you need to remember to turn them back on at the end of the evening (which I forget to do nine times out of ten).

New Neighbor

yes this is a great mock-up.   i prey that they enact this.

@scf wrote:

I called in to tech support because I was sure I was an idiot and couldnt figure out how to do this in the menus ... and I was SHOCKED to hear that this was not possible.

There is currently no way to snooze the motion lights.  We have 2 floodlight cameras in our backyard and when we have people over to hang out there are constantly going ON and OFF everytime someone moves.  It is incredibly annoying.  They told me the only way to do this would be to power off the cameras -- which are hardwired in -- which would mean shutting off a circuit breaker that powers many other things.  So basically an unworkable solution.

PLEASE PLEASE add the ability to snooze lights along with snoozing motions alerts!!!!

New Neighbor

YES!! How was this not built in? Did no one think of this for instances like the Fourth of July? I do not want my lights coming on while kids (and adults 😁) are enjoying the  firework display. 
Also as previously mentioned above, what if I just want to enjoy a bonfire in my back yard without the lights switching on and off? Come on Ring, simple fix I'm sure!!

New Neighbor

Workarounds:

1) place a switch in the line. You can then switch the electricity off to the floodlight cam.

2) flip breaker to off

3) install a smart switch to turn it off using an app.

Just some suggestions meanwhile

New Neighbor

There is a workaround as wickedbeernut said, but this feature would definitely be nice. I routinely have to adjust it and then I have to re-enable and then reconfigure the light sensitivtiy. It would be nice to have an easier way to snooze the lights. 

New Neighbor

I'll echo this issue.  My spotlight cam is a PITA on my back deck when we sit out there in the evening.  I typically put a hat or cover over the light.  Ridiculous.

I think my ultimate plan (it's a Ring Spotlight mount) is to install a smartswitch so I can turn it off for a period of time.  Forgetting to turn it back on would be an issue.

New Neighbor

Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones For Light > set all 3 to "OFF" > Save 

At Device choose Linked Devices > click on device NAME: Turn on lights > set times like 8PM to 6PM > Save

at this point light will turn on when camera detected motion. Now snooze as many times as you want

Ring should hire me >.> 

@scf wrote:

New Neighbor

Just commenting here to voice my concern and my interest in this becoming a feature!