Snooze LIGHTS on floodlight camera

Please provide capability to snooze lights on security cameras independent of motion. When I go outside after dark, I want my cameras to continue working but I don’t want lights attracting bugs which often come into the house when I reopen the door. Thanks.

The current “Snooze Motion” does not Snooze the floodlights from coming on when motion is detected on the Floodlight Cam.

The work around currently is to have your Floodlight Cam(s) wired through a light switch or to go to Device Settings -> Light Settings -> Motion Zones for Lights -> and turning all 3 detection areas off. This must be repeated for each Floodlight Cam and then redone to turn the lights back on.

Including the motion activation in the Snooze Motion or designing a Light Snooze would be very nice.

Just commenting here to voice my concern and my interest in this becoming a feature!

It would be nice if there was toggle for the light on the spotlight cam to disable it. It’s aggravating when you’re in the yard at night having a fire and stargazing.

I agree. Not even “disarming” does it.

I too would love to see a light snooze feature. Now that we have snow, the light is exponentially brighter and it’s waking us up at night. I’d like the ability to automatically prevent the light from turning on between 10pm and 6am. Hard to believe this isn’t a feature.

Pllllssss pls. I am on my 4th ring solar flood light. Would not have bought into ring flood light if I knew this was a limitation. Pls ring this is a common sense feature which should have been there to begin with.

I agree with everyone, this needs to be a feature.

I came here specifically to submit a feature request for this also. I can’t stargaze in my backyard because there’s no way to snooze the lights for a set amount of time and it’s pointless to constantly turn the lights off thru the app because unless you stand stiff as a board and don’t move, they will come right back on.

Searching to see if this is a feature…looks like it’s still a request! Come on Ring, this would be a great customer feature and selling point. Please add it soon, or update the community about options

1 Like

Agreed, this functionality is badly needed.

1 Like

I think this work around only works on the camera flood but not the flood with no camera? Can not find the zone off setting on ring flood light.

Found a work around for this: Add a Light Schedule for the time that you want the lights to stay off.

1 Like

I would very much like this feature. I often sit on my patio in the evenings and the motion light is quite jarring. I think the motion snooze should/could also include the motion lights.

1 Like

Yes! We do outdoor movie nights and this would be so helpful!

1 Like

This need added asap. I have even motion detection turned off until I go to bed, but the motion light is on after dusk. Is it it strange this isn’t linked together

Unfortunately, seen how long this request is started I have bad feeling if it will implemented. Another side effect I wasn’t aware of before I bought the ring cams. But more and more it feels I made a mistake by choosing form Ring. It is not wel
Overthought and very limited in feature

I need the ability to control the lights from the app if for instance I’m outside and don’t want the motion activated lights to continue to turn on. I want to be able to snooze the lights turning on similarly to the motion notifications for a set amount of time. The time should extend longer than 2 hours as well. Up to 4 hours would be great as it could be common to be in someone’s backyard for 4 hours after sundown and not wanting to be interrupted by the lights constantly turning on.

thank you for this workaround @juststubbs! while not as easy as turning on a simple “light-snooze” feature, your workaround will automatically turn them back on which is what i kept forgetting when i would go into device settings>light settings>motion zones for lights>OFF (all three zones) to get them to stay off. i still think ring should program this feature to make it easier, at a moment’s notice to turn them off for one or more hours.

Shocked this isn’t implemented. Numerous feature request, reddit posts, etc.

Yes, motion lights can be completely disabled or scheduled, but Snooze is desired for similar reasons snooze is implemented for motion notifications.

We really need an option to snooze the lights on spotlight cams. The constant on/off while in the yard hanging out by the fire pit is annoying. Setting a lighting schedule is annoying with spurt of the moment being outside. Not willing to turn off power to the device. It’s 2023, let’s do better Ring.