Siren activated automatically when motion detected

If it can’t be added to cams, what about a stand alone siren that is activated from motion stand alone and from connected devices. Watching the video hours later after the thief has broken car window and made off with the loot does not help since most are wearing hoodies and face coverings. We need a loud siren to scare them away before they have time to steal. C’mon get with the engineering dept. and get it on the market.

6 Likes

There definitely needs to be an ability to set a routine to have the alarm auto triggered in various scenarios. Often people aren’t accessing their accounts and want the alarm to trigger if they are not home.

4 Likes

This is really needed option! If burglar intrudes to your home / company / store and you have cameras there but not any other alarm system.

4 Likes

THIS! Burglar can come at 3 AM, break into car smashing windows and all we get is a phone notification once we wake up. Allow me to set the camera’s siren to activate!

6 Likes

+1, seems like a fairly basic feature

2 Likes

I would like this feature on the Ring spotlight cam. A setting that allows you to select a timeframe that a siren is activated by motion - the current setup with an on-demand siren “button” in the app is useless. Most intruders strike at night when people are sleeping. I bought the exterior camera because I have thieves taking packages from my front porch.

2 Likes

Is it possible to make the siren sound automatically with motion detection? https://community.ring.com/t/siren-sounds-automatically/70279

1 Like

I had a thought that it would be nice to have the ability to set a schedule for the Siren to go off automatically when motion is detected on my property. The floodlights come on which seems to have worked the other night when someone walked up towards my front door and he immediately turned around but having the Siren go off as well would be added security to ward off late night wrong doers.

4 Likes

Can you guys please add the feature that camera’s like the stick up can automatic ring an alarm siren when a person is detected at “specifiek hours”?

Like how the motion sensor inside can do this, it would be great if camera’s also can do this.

Then the alarm will go off before some one is in youre house/property…

Like example when a connected ring alarm setup is on home or away modes the camera’s could be installed when detect a person it will go off for 30 seconds…

1 Like

I agree with adding this. I’m planning not continue paying RING the annual security system without this feature.

Prevention is always better!

I annual is coming in a few months and I will start looking into different security options around March if this is not added. Seems simple enough to add a time frame so the security is automatically turned on. Like who should be wondering around your house are 12am to 6am. They shouldn’t be!

I hate watching in the morning when people broke into my car. Thanks for the video as a reminder, but I hope my security systems should have scared them off in the progress.

1 Like

Here in Canada, we are dealing with an epidemic of auto thefts from driveways in the middle of the night. While preventive measures like steering wheel locks are thwarted by thieves with lock-picking skills and tools to start your car in a matter of 1-3 minutes as seen on CBC Marketplace.

A thought occurred, while I have alarmed motion detection in my home, it would be a game changer if Ring offered the ability to sound an alarm on an outdoor camera if someone walks in my driveway in the middle of the night. As well as a special notification that a person is detected in my driveway one that alerts you even if your phone is on silent as I would be sleeping during a normal notification.

I agree 100% - there needs to be a way to set the siren to go off with motion detection! Also a couple of posts asking for the ability to schedule - I assume by camera.

1 Like

+1000, from 11pm to 7am, nobody should be in the area of my Floodlight Cam Wired Plus. Even a short burst of siren during this timeframe would be a great deterrent.

2 Likes

We have thieves visiting the house every now and then . If the siren doesn’t go off automatically, why do I have it for? I mean… doesn’t everyone want it to scaring these people away ? Who would wake up in the middle of the night to check phone notifications? NOBODY.

We are hoping Ring to make this function for sensible and practical for this community.

1 Like

I have seen variations of this request mentioned multiple times here but I think we really need this feature along with a few additions. Let’s be able to set our outdoor/floodlight cameras to “Away” or “Arm” (scheduling also available) and then when any motion is detected a quick siren chirps and a motion warning is played. If that motion is still detected within 10 seconds then the siren is fully activated.

I am not sure the siren fully activating at the first detection of motion as I see a lot of false alarms but having the warning chirp(s) and a voice command before activating the full-blown siren would be a great addition. Much needed when thieves strike at night and all we get is a notification that’s usually not seen until the morning… Let’s make this happen Ring!!

Can I request a motion triggered siren feature for the Ring Spotlight Camera? It already has motion triggered spotlights, so this only makes sense. If I were to get a motion alert on my device I may not always have my phone available, so knowing this can be enabled will help me sleep easier. This would be a fantastic addition to this product and would make me feel much safer knowing it will help scare off introders on my property (which I do get here, I caught some on this camera only a few days ago!!)

TLDR Ring Spotlight Cam should have motion activated siren.

2 Likes

This seems like an essential feature for this product, I’m looking at getting one but missing this feature alone is holding me back!

2 Likes

Good idea, jump on this ring!

Definitely this should just be another on/off toggle

This would have to be something that could be turned on or off. I don’t my nice UPS guy scared, but at night it might be a nice feature.