Silent arm and disarm and silent entry and exit delay

A silent arm and disarm feature would be nice. The notification disturbs the whole family when one of us gets home or leaves for work when everyone else is in bed.

11 Likes

Yes this would be a very necessary feature as the panels are very loud and disturb the house.

2 Likes

This sounds like this a “Hot Idea” . . . with a similar post in the Ring Alarm forum with over 5, 400 views! ?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Silence-exit-delay-and-armed-announcement-on-demand/m-p/471#M80

2 Likes

Please add this feature! It’s the thing I miss most about my old alarm system! Thank you very much for posting this.

3 Likes

I signed up for the community just to vote for this after spending hours trying to figure out how to accomplish silent arming and reading the forum!

Add this to your next sprint and make a lot of customers happy :smiley:

6 Likes

The entire house is sleeping and I would like to set the alarm to Home without a voice loudly speaking in the hallway. Seems a bit redundant. Please make it possible to turn off this voice alert.

Here’s a post that has links to all of the other features requests for this you can also vote on. Hopefully this is something Ring will add!

Silence exit delay and armed announcement on demand - Products / Ring Alarm - Ring Community

When arming the the home, the “armed home” is not necessary since I was the one performing the action and already received a push notification.

It would be great to have a “silent arming” option to choose whether the arming is announced.

This would be especially useful when I arm at night when me be of my family are already in bed and could be bothered by the alert/announcement.

Another option could be a “night” mode.
Which could have a unique alerts profile for the arming as well as the door sensors.

Yes this would be a great feature. I like hearing the armed sometimes, but others, at night when family is sleeping for example, a silent arm would be great. I called to ask about this and the rep told me to turn the volume down all the way then arm it. First, that’s a terrible fix. Second, i have 3 devices that would have to get turned down… This silent arm should also include an instant arm, to skip the countdown. Recently there were a couple sketchy characters walking down the street and my wife tried to arm the system. it took the 30 seconds to arm and announced the countdown and when it was actually armed. If these people were in our driveway it would have been too close for comfort.

Here’s a feature request thread where you can vote for a silent arm feature. Hopefully they’ll add it someday.

Silence exit delay and armed announcement on demand - Products / Ring Alarm - Ring Community

The mode change alerts definitely need an option to disable and maybe other alerts that are not going to cause a call to emergency services. A status in the app would be great but I don’t necessarily need them sending me notifications on my phone.

My old system had silent arm/disarm. Please add it to Ring.

Here is a possible method to implement it:

1. Enter PIN
  2. Press Arm/Disarm button
  3. Press Checkmark button (for example)

If Step 3 is done then the audio confirmation message of “Exit Delay Started” and subsequent beeps would be silenced. Same applies for the “Disarmed” audio alert.

If Step 3 is done, allow the light display on the panel and base station to run so the user can see the system is changing modes from disarmed to armed and vice-versa.

If step 3 is not done then the system should run with all audio notifications enabled.

2 Likes

Absolutely. This is a very important addition to be made.

3 Likes

This one feature would make this system complete!

1 Like

It would be nice to have an option to skip exit delay on stay mode. It could be a simple second press of the home button or (and this would satisfy another post I came across) have it silence the exit delay. For the times when you are not leaving the house in stay mode.

1 Like

This sounds like this a “Hot Idea” . . . with a similar post in the Ring Alarm forum with over 5, 400 views! ?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Silence-exit-delay-and-armed-announcement-on-demand/m-p/471#M80

2 Likes

Please add this feature! It’s the thing I miss most about my old alarm system! Thank you very much for posting this.

1 Like

I’ve been using Ring Alarm for a year and a half and being that I was looking for support this morning on another question I had to make an account so I came here to drop in my $0.02.

1. The ability to silent arm/disarm

2. The ability to arm (with silent) “Home and Armed” and then have a delay before it is armed so I can leave.

So I’m sure I’m not alone. I leave the house at 5:30am. The rest of the family is sleeping and home. Before my new home, and of course my Ring Alarm install I had a traditional alarm and I could easily every morning: Silent Disarm, Silent Arm Home, Open the door, and leave. No announcements of “Home and Armed” and I didn’t have to wait on the way out to connect my app and stop to use that to arm etc. I’m at the keypad, I should be able to perform just that with ease.

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes