Show doorbell or intercom notification as phone call

Most of the time I have the notifications on my iPhone on silent, so I can stay focused when I’m at work.
However, when someone rings my doorbell, I do want to be notified.

I think it would be great if the Ring app would integrate with CallKit on iOS.
That way, I can also answer the doorbell using the buttons on my bluetooth headset or even carkit.
And that way I get a constant “notification” like a phone call.

I’m pretty sure similar APIs exists for Android.

15 Likes

+1

Again, this request has been posted countless times.

Is this monotores by anyone at all, or is this just a page for us to vent our frustrations?

1 Like

I’ve wanted this forever. Come on Ring, PLEASE at least comment whether it’s in your roadmap.

1 Like

this would be important for such premium device! i’d love to have that feature both on iphone and ipad

2 Likes

Where is the call alert !!!

I keep my phone silent. Still, I don’t miss calls because my smartwatch. Then again I miss all alerts from my Ring video doorbell 2 and Ring door view cam… This is ridiculous since they are essentially calling devices. This completely negates the idea of being able to answer your door like you are at home while you are not.

I’m already angry enough for paying good money for these devices and being denied of functions if I don’t also pay a monthly fee. Then again, not being able to view Ring video on Google Nest hub pisses me of (though this is probably also Google’s doing - a reason to avoid both Ring and Nest). Finally, it makes me furious that my expensive video doorbells essentially serve no purpose without the call alert function!

I expect to be answered on these questions by Ring and to have the call alert asap. Otherwise I must inform everyone I can on these deal breaking short-comings and advice others to do the same.

Jussi

1 Like

I have extreme order regret. I had just assumed that the Ring Video Doorbell 3, being such a widely used device, would allow you to actually use it as an intercom. By the the time I’ve had to navigate past the notifications and unlock my phone, any caller has left already.

I’m better off going back to the 6 year old cheap Chinese WiFi video doorcam where you could at least talk to the person at the door before they left.

1 Like

I have a WUUK doorbell that allow the call notification. I ordered a Chinese brand for a second house, but it doesn’t have the call notification. So I ordered the ring, and surprise! It does not have the call notification :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

Totaly agree with this, It’s difficult to see standard notification, a real call would be mandatory !

1 Like

How has this not been completed? A door ring comes through as a video call like any other app I have. Unlocking my phone to access the app to answer the call is a pain.

1 Like

Please Ring Team,

Add this feature to answer door rings with video or audio phone call. Maybe the call-kit feature would solve this.

Please be focused to add this feature soon.
I’ve missed so much door rings because the notification on silent iPhone and Apple watch come thru like every other notification…

Thank you in advance

1 Like

RING DOES NOT EVEN BOTHER TO ANSWER OUR REQUEST !!! SHAME ON THEM…

LET’S ACT ON IT: Write every review and webstore with comment section. Advice people not to buy ring products. Tell everyone that they don’t even bother to answer their customers. Spread the word that they only care for monthly fees and not their customers…

2 Likes

Would really love this feature. Bummed out that it doesnt come with after i installed my ring.

1 Like

yes yes yes! we use the doorbell to alert of someone at our gate and buzz them in… But the doorbell alert is on more noticeable than the constant chimes I get from every bird and wasp that comes to inspect the cameras or cat walking across the driveway “person detected”…

I’d pay to have doorbell rings bridge to a PHONE call. would be great

1 Like

Wow… I could not find any videos on “how to make ring doorbell call your phone when someone actually press the ring dooebell.”

The reason I couldn’t find any info/videos is because Ring ignored all the requests.

1 Like

Hi,

I have bought a Ring Doorbell Pro 2 recently and would love to receive calls on my iPhone when someone ring at my door instead of the typical notification that I miss 9 times out of 10… could Ring people share an update about the status of this request?

Plenty communication apps do this like teams, messenger, WhatsApp, … and even some smart doorbell from other brands.

Thanks in advance for considering this suggestion

1 Like

I keep my iPhone always on silent mode and so any notification is only a faint vibration for me and I often end up missing when my Ring doorbell is actually pressed.

It would be great if this could integrate with the call kit in iOS so that a ring of the doorbell acted like a phone call to my phone which means it would have a different (I.e. longer) notification.

1 Like

Hello,

I recently installed a ring intercom and I would find it more useful if we could get a phone call styled notification instead of a simple push notification that we have to click on. In other words, get the interface we can see on the screenshot below directly.

Messaging apps (WhatsApp, Telegram, Messenger, etc) are able to do it so I guess this would be possible to do within the ring app too.

This may seem trivial but when I’m at work for example, I do not grab my phone every single time I hear it vibrate (it is on silent mode for obvious reasons). Phone calls, whether thy are app based or not get my attention as the vibrations are more persistent and usually continue for a longer time.

Cheers,
Jay-C

1 Like

Hi all

Any update on this?

Thanks

1 Like

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE. I used arlo product before and tbh that was the only win for me against the Ring. Please use phone call UI instead of inside-app notification usage.

1 Like

As sometimes notifications aren’t immediately noticed (eg while driving) it would be nice that if someone rings the bell I receive a “phone call” like alert.

Then I could “answer” like for a normal phone call

1 Like