Separate volumes for motion and ring

Hi,

looking to have the volume sliders for motion and ring separate, so you can have ring louder than motion for example.

at the moment they are linked, even though each section has the slider which in itself seems strange, if they can’t be separate then why have two volume sliders ?

Did you ever get an answer to your question?

1 Like

Totally agree! Having two separate sliders in settings when they’re connected is misleading. I turned my ring volume all the way up, and turned my motion volume almost all the way down, and totally missed my doorbell because I had no idea turning motion down also turned ring volume down. So stupid. These need independent volume capabilities. And until then just have one slider to not confused people…

3 Likes

We just purchased a Ring chime and encountered the same issue as above. It’s already been almost a year and a half since the first post and it doesn’t appear that Ring is working on a solution. Not being an expert, I would thing a simple software update is all that would be needed.

1 Like

I can’t seem to have different volumes levels for motion and rings.
Would be good to have ability to set motion volume lower than ring vilolume.

1 Like

Baffling this feature still isn’t available. Why can’t they be independent? The separate bars are already there this would be such an easy fix

1 Like

Hello, has anyone had any luck with this query? I could really do with both volume settings being independent, especially with guests coming in the evening when kids are in bed, you ask them not to ring the doorbell, but the motion sensor wakes the kids up anyway :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Have not had our Ring doorbell long, but I was amazed, the chime and doorbell did not have separate volumes. Very annoying! And then even more surprised when I find this request has been out there for so long. This seems like a very obvious feature that needs to be added.

1 Like

Yes, totally agree. I need the ring to be full volume as I don’t want to miss a delivery but I don’t want the motion of a cat to wake up our children.

1 Like

I work in tech and this actually seems to be a bug and should be prioritized to be fixed. Not categorized as a “feature request”. The sliders exist independently which is confusing for users… Either make it work like it should, or create a single slider in the previous menu to make it clear that it controls both ring and motion alerts.

Ideally and clearly we want the first option (independent volume controls functioning properly)

This was first brought up in 2020. It looks like nothing has been accomplished and it’s now 2024. It sure would be nice for Ring to address this.