cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring doorbell low battery notification on phone

Ring doorbell low battery notification on phone

The ring doorbell provides a notification on the phone when it senses someone and when the bell is rung. But it needs a low battery notification that displays on the phone like the other notifications do. The last two times my battery was low I didn't know until the device stopped working. Having to open the app to check for this notification  doesn't fly because I don't open the app unless I want to see who is at the door.  A Low battery condition is too important to hide inside the app.

5 Comments
New Neighbor

you are so right, I have ss system and when some one opens my doors' I receive a simple signal that lets me know. my ring has been out for a while I don't know when it is charged.How can you tell?two lights are on. Help!

New Neighbor

Yes another vote from me please. Please also add a percentage threshold for users to set to meet their requirements. I might need more time to get round to charge my battery  so 5% alert threshold might be too aggressive being able to change it to say 12%, may give me enough time. Overtime the battery will degrade so being able to adjust  the alert threshold to 15% would be useful. 

Thanks

New Neighbor

I have the same comment. I need an indicator that tells me my battery needs charging. Especially if I am going to be away for a few days

New Neighbor

A battery health page that shows all the percentages for all your devices would be hugely helpful for all of us with multiple devices.

New Neighbor

I didn't get a battery alert and the one time I really needed to know who was at my driveway through the camera, it wouldn't connect.  I didn't know the battery was low.  We have a driveway sensor that told me someone was in our driveway.   It was dark, and I couldn't see who was in our driveway via the camera.   Turns out it was our local sheriff responding to a 911 hang up call from our address.  I'm still unsure how that happened because we do not have a land line, only cell phones and neither were in use or show having made a call to 911 services.    But what if it weren't the sheriff who showed up?  I don't understand how this could have happened.  Mostly I am concerned that I did not receive a battery alert.