cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring Alarm Activation sets off Ring Cam Siren

Ring Alarm Activation sets off Ring Cam Siren

I was actually flabbergasted to find that this wasn't already the case, Ring you are absolutely missing a trick here and this has to be such a simply linking of your products that it's simply unbelievable it doesn't already happen
6 Comments
New Neighbor

I agree, this is an obvious missing feature. I think there may be more to it than they just didn't think of it. It is on a white board somewhere. We just want it now.

New Neighbor

Maybe to avoid noise pollution from all the sirens going off all the time when getting spurious triggers.  They'd get too much backlash and complaints from neighbors about disturbing the peace if it wasn't reliable enough to only go off only when warranted.

New Neighbor

Please make it possible to link the floodlight cam alarms to the Ring home alarm system.  This is how I thought the system would work before I purchased it.  Very disappointed!

New Neighbor

Totally agree. Really disappointed that the system does not do this. On alarm - all lights, sirens and recording should start

New Neighbor

It would have to be safeguarded against false triggers for it to be feasible. Left to the general user, it'd go off when unwarranted. Silent capture would be better than crying wolf for every cat walking by.

New Neighbor

This is related to a forum help request (linking here rather than restating), where the pre-siren alarm status events played by the keypad are just too quiet - being able to use any of the products (Dome Siren, Ring Chime) for this purpose as an extender/amplifier is crucial. 

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Keypad-Gen-2-how-to-increase-volume-of-alarm-speech-tones/m...