Retrofit Alarm UK

In the UK users have been waiting a long time for the retrofit alarm system that is currently available in the USA. Many of us already have expensive hardwired alarm systems in our homes and the retrofit ring alarm system would be very beneficial.

I am considering purchasing a ring alarm kit will spend a couple hundred ££££ and not having the retrofit is going to cause me to go with either yourself and make do SimpliSafe or a traditional alarm company. I own no ring products but it would be a good idea to sell this in the uk as I would be interested

3 Likes

I second this. Please build for the UK. Thanks

3 Likes

Also waiting on this before purchasing the ring alarm. Not sure why it’s taking so long?

1 Like

I would also love this I was going to rip out my old system but this would be excellent any ideas if and When it’s coming ?

2 Likes

Yes - this is one of the only things preventing me from considering a Ring Gen2 alarm.

1 Like

I vote for this too!!

I would 100% buy this if available in the UK…

4 Likes

Can you tell us if the American version will work?

3 Likes

I’ve heard it may not due to compatibility of wireless signals. It would be nice if someone can clearly confirm this however. I know there’s UK users who would happily import one if there are no plans to bring this to the UK market.

1 Like

Perhaps buying the complete alarm system from the US would work.
I’m considering giving it a try.

Come on Ring bring retrofit to the UK

1 Like

The Ring Alarm system uses Z-Wave for wireless communication. Z-Wave frequencies vary between global regions, with the UK/Europe (using 868.4 MHz, 869.85 MHz) and the US (using 908.4 MHz, 916 MHz). Therefore, unfortunately, you CANNOT import the US version and use it with the UK base station, as they operate on separate frequencies. Additionally, you also cannot import the entire system from the US, as the US frequencies are not approved for use in the UK. Ring needs to release a UK/European specific version. I too am waiting for them to release this and wish they would at least indicate if it’s coming any time soon!

2 Likes

Does anyone have an update on Retrofit Alarm for the UK?

Come on Ring, get this sorted, I want to use my existing alarm fittings along with me new Ring kit. You clearly have the engineering skills, its the will of management that needs to get on board. How about put another iteration of doorbell on the backburner, build retrofit kit to UK spec, and get it released.

1 Like

+1! Crazy that there’s no timeline for this. It’s between Ring and Konnected for me. If Ring don’t release a UK version soon, they’re going to miss out on a lot of the market

1 Like

Ring, please introduce a Retrofit Kit for the UK. Also if you do introduce one in the UK, allow it to connect to other 3rd party devices like PIRs, outdoor sirens and loudspeakers; even if it means it has to be professionally installed.

It seems like a no brainer but then again with Ring, they do enjoy taking their time like they did with the glass break sensor

1 Like

Still waiting for this! Come on Ring sort it out!

1 Like

Any Update on this? This is preventing me from Purchasing Ring Alarm.

1 Like

Hey Ring, when is the retrofit coming to the UK please?
Just adding my vote here. I have a good but dated wired alarm at home.
Would be great and more reliable to use all the wired door and window sensors.

Is there any news on a retrofit kit for the UK? I’ve got loads of sensors already fitted and hardwired which I’d rather use than battery driven ones…but also want to retain the ring infrastructure when upgrading due to cameras I already have.