Recording Length

If we can’t change the length of recording time ring should at least change it to where it records the motion until the motion has stop. Someone came on to my property and it did record the first thirty seconds but not the other 45 seconds where the thief took my kids bike. Again at least change it to where it records the whole motion event not just thirty seconds.

30 Likes

Maybe the new “Snapshot Capture” feature might meet your needs to keep the camera on? It takes a single snap picture in repeating regular intervals that you set on your camera between motion events. Then when you select “Live View” you can scroll back the time bar to view the past events, which will now also play the multiple Snapshots that were taken inbetween the events. It will appear like a sped-up Time-Lapse video. So after the 30 second recording stops, you would still have interval snap pictures that might have captured the thief stealing the bike.

To set up this feature, go to “Device Settings” on the camera, select “Snapshot Capture”, turn on the Snapshot Capture and select the Frequency (with my cameras, I can select the interval for every 3 minutes, 1 minute, or every 30 seconds … and with my doorbell, I can select snap intervals of every hour, 14 minutes, or 5 minutes). I currently have mine set on the shortest available settings.

I haven’t been able to download any of the snapshots, like you can do with Event Video recordings. I think currently Snapshots can only be viewed for the 60 days with the “Protect Plus” plan.

I wish Ring could make downloading of individual Snapshots possible too. I find that sometimes I discover something interesting that occurred between the regulars video events.

On my previous comment, “I wish Ring could make downloading of individual Snapshots possible too” … another Ring Neighbor enlightened me … yes it is possible to download/save the Snapshots using the “Share” button. Appears it downloads Snapshots in 15-minute batches. Very Cool. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

My Stick-up Cams Plug-In 2nd Generation, all mounted outside, before were all recording motion-activations for 30 seconds, but now I’ve recently noticed that they all record for a maximum of 20 seconds! Has anyone else noticed this or is this just happening to my Stick-Up cams? Even with “People Only Mode” motion detection toggled ON or OFF, the maximum motion-activated recording is now only 20 seconds. What’s going on?

An update: my outdoor Stick-Up Plug-In 2nd generation cameras apparently are losing the “Every 30-Seconds” Snapshot interval with the lastest firmware update. Now, the shortest available interval that I can select is “Every 5-minutes.” The “30 seconds” option was the closest thing to continuous recording and I found it extremely valuable to catch stuff that occurred between motion-activation events, or activities that were occurring beyond the motion-activation range.

This adjustable recording length time is now available in the USA, from 15-seconds to 120-seonds.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Device-Tips-and-How-To-s/Choosing-Your-Video-Record-Length/ba-p/5…

Same problem here there are lapses in video so it’s missing activity. It will record the beginning of activity and stop then it misses the rest of the activity. This is a huge problem

2 Likes

This is a major problem with your product that may not be surfaced to a ring “owner” after a police officer says the magic words “sorry, but the recording end prior to the guy breaking in, so we actually don’t have the crime recorded.” True story, fix this by letting the owner specify up to 10 minutes, or some logic where if a (motion sensor tripped), b (a camera becomes active for recording), c (the alarm is in either armed stat e) occur then Record for X minutes.

Hello, I also feel this is one of the major weaknesses. Many events are missed from the recordings.

1 Like

Doorbell failed to capture mother with dementia when she left. I was relying on the camera to notify me when she exited home, no alert nor picture.

It would be nice if the owner of the camera could choose the video recording time length. The Security Camera in my driveway times out too quickly and it appears that some burglars have figured out the way to trigger the camera, wait out the recording time, sneak up and do their illegal behavior prior to the sensor acknowledging additional movement to start recording again. This is a major fault that could be resolved by people choosing varying amounts of recording time or make the time in between shorter.

1 Like

Security camera is now set up any place becaus eit can be record video file and we can got lot of important data through cctv camera. But if the security camera do not work then we have to uninstall the device and again do the cctv installation software in our system. But technical issue would be occur any time. We have to know the using guide of the software .