Recording Length options

In the last portion of my previous post, I incorrectly stated, “I haven’t been able to download any of the snapshots, like you can do with Event Video recordings. I think currently Snapshots can only be viewed for the 60 days with the ‘Protect Plus’ plan.” Well, several updates include:

1st update: Yes, you CAN download Snapshots! Super. Another Neighbor, “CappyNear” wrote in another thread, “It’s the same process as downloading a Motion or Live event. Position the timeline over a snapshot area and use SHARE to download to you iDevice. Several Snapshots (e.g., 11:02 am - 11:17 am) are concatenated into a short video file.” I found that it works like a champ on my android phone, downloading in 15-minute batch files. This only works on your phone App. Thank you very much @CappyNear!

2nd update: Snapshots are stored in the “Ring Cloud” for only 7 days, unlike the Camera Videos which are stored 60 days with the “Protect Plus” Plan. So if you view something of interest, download it before it’s deleted automatically.

3rd update: Recently my 3 Stick-Up Cams (2nd Generation, PLUG-In, not battery), used to have 4 interval selections of: every 30-seconds, every 1 hour, every 14 minutes, and every 5 minutes. Trouble-shooting one cam required a Hard Reset (Orange button held for 30+) and when the firmware updated, the “every 30-seconds” option was gone, leaving only 3 remaining choices. The shortest interval for Snapshots is now “every 5 minutes”. The “30 seconds” option was the closest thing to continuous recording and I found it extremely valuable to catch stuff that occurred between motion-activation events, or activities that were occurring beyond the motion-activation range. To double-check, I used my phone app to view my other two Stick-up Cams, and they both still had the “30-seconds” interval option for Snapshot … BUT then on one of these cams, I toggled from the “30-seconds” to the “5 minutes” option and it switched fine, but now the “30-seconds” option disappearred and hasn’t returned! The last of the 3 Stick-up Cams is still on “30-seconds” and I don’t dare change that selection! So, I have 2 Cams taking Snaps at 5 long minute intervals, with 1 cam still at every 30-seconds.

What happened Ring?