Quick Exit

Quick exit feature: ** ** The ability to push a button or combination of buttons on keypad or within the app that allows someone the ability to silently exit the home for 15, 30, 60 or even 90 seconds and then silently resumes arming/monitoring.

25 Likes

Yes!

I’ve said this for the year and a half I have owned my Ring Alarm. There should be a “silent arm/disarm” function as well as the ability to do “home and arm” with a delay so I can leave my home while the rest of the family is sleeping. This is basic functionality of traditional alarm systems. I would like the ability to trigger all of my arm/disarm functions to be able to be silent or not at the time of arm/disarm.

1 Like

Yes, very much needed. Many people would benefit from not arming and disarming early in the morning when everyone is sleeping.

@miketemm wrote:

Quick exit feature: ** ** The ability to push a button or combination of buttons on keypad or within the app that allows someone the ability to silently exit the home for 15, 30, 60 or even 90 seconds and then silently resumes arming/monitoring.

Agreeed!!

@miketemm wrote:

A very cool idea! A nice quiet feature without a “countdown” sounding indoors. :slight_smile:

This sounds like this a “Hot Idea” . . . with a similar post in the Ring Alarm forum with over 5, 400 views! ?

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Silence-exit-delay-and-armed-announcement-on-demand/m-p/471…

yes please Hate having to disarm and rearm the system to run out for 5 seconds because i realized i left something in the car. With the app control a quick enter should also be available.

you can do this with Simple Commands and Alexa. Setup Simple Commands with Alexa>Create a routine in Simple Commands for arming the system>create another routine for disarming the system>In Alexa, create a routine based on whatever voice command you want>the routine you wrote in Simple Commands will show as a scene in Alexa>write the routine to run the disarm scene>wait 1 minute>then run the arm routine. I’ve been using this for over a year.

@Sergeantpup , does this Simple Command with Alexa run this routine silently (no audible Ring countdown) as @miketemm (author) wanted to allow someone the ability to silently exit and then silently resume arming/monitoring while others in the house are sleeping?

Exactly!. This is needed. My old alarm system had this.

Hey Ring team, I just left CPI and installed a full Ring Alarm 10-piece system, Ring doorbell, floodlight cam, chime, 6 First Alert smoke/co2 detectors and signed up for monitoring. I’m all in on your home security system.

With that said, I used the “Silent Quick Exit” feature on my CPI system daily and am hoping this is on your product road map. Please respond and let us know the status of this request.

1 Like

Add the Quick Exit feature onto windows too!

I like to open my window at night sometimes to have some fresh air without setting off the alarm. Please add the feature onto windows too. Thank you!

Thank you for your comment. I did mention that I open the window “sometimes”, so that wouldn’t be considered routinely.

Hi neighbors! We have released the Ring Alarm Quick Exit feature, which allows you to open a door without disarming the Alarm and without setting off your Alarm by using the button on your Contact Sensor. This feature can be used when you might want to open a door quickly without disarming your entire alarm system.

Some examples include:

• You’re letting a pet go outside.
  • You leave for work early each morning and don’t want to disturb your family or pets by disarming then re-arming the Ring Alarm system.
  • You’re greeting someone at your door and do not want to disarm your alarm system.

To use this feature, you must have a Ring Alarm or Ring Alarm Pro base station and a Contact Sensor 2nd Generation. Read more on this feature in our Help Center Article here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you!!! This is a welcome addition and will be used frequently!

1 Like

Totally support this! Please extend it to include windows too.