Ring alarm sounds on Echo devices

100% agree - it would make total sense to be able to duplicate chirps and alarm sounds on any Echo device.

1 Like

Upvoting! Please add this feature!

It’s apparently a feature in Alexa Guard Plus, not the basic Alexa Guard. From what I read, you get Alexa Guard Plus with a Ring Protect Pro subscription but I haven’t signed up yet since my trial is still going.

My echo dots and other alexa devices should be able to set to alarm when the alarm is tripped.

The Siren on the base station is quiet and difficult to hear, and the Dome siren is disappointing and not very “burglar alarm” like not worthy of a 3rd party additional purchase.
However in many homes there are multiple Alexa devices throughout the home and throughout different floors and rooms that already use Alexa Guard to guard the home in conjunction with Ring Alarm. They can be easily utilized to relay loud siren alarm alerts. Alexa devices should blare with loud burglar alarm sirens when Ring is triggered and optionally relay door open tones as well.

I also look forward to a louder native siren that is loud and has the same tone/pitch of competitor alarms (such as ADT) in addition to a native glass break detector instead of relying on Alexa Guard.

1 Like

I like this idea as well. I have Alexa throughout the home, would be nice if they could help.

To increase the audio loudness of the siren from the alarm it would be great to have Alexa integration for a alarm event. For example when the alarm siren goes off for any reason Alexa can be programed to sound an alarm too. This would add the alarm sound to any room Alexa is in.

+1 on this. Volume of the siren has been degraded and has me looking at other products

Multiple users have requested this for years. Why isn’t this a feature yet? Even the Ring telephone support techs seem puzzled that this hasn’t been added. Is Ring worried that adding the feature will hurt sales of the 3rd party round beeper thing they call a siren? :rotating_light:

1 Like

So the ring alarm can trigger Alexa for motion or a contact opening but not the siren. I would have thought that to be the first integration. Please add. I see this has been a request for a long time.

1 Like

Hi neighbors! You can now have your Alexa-enabled Echo device play a chirp tone or the siren with the Play Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices feature. You can read more about this feature in our Help Center Article here.

How to Turn On Alarm Sounds on Echo Devices in the Alexa App:

• Ring Skill for Alexa must be enabled in your Alexa app. Click here for step by step instructions.
  • Open the Alexa app and navigate to the Devices icon in the bottom right corner.
  • Slide tile of devices near the header of the page to the left and tap ‘All Devices’ tile.
  • Scroll through the list of ‘All Devices’ and select your Ring Security system (designated by a shield icon, see below).

This feature is only available for neighbors in the US at this time, and it does not require an active Ring Protect plan subscription. Let me know if you have any other questions! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is not a solution. People are asking for the alarm siren to sound through the Alexa’s, not just the chirps and door notifications that this “solution” enables! It’s ridiculous that this was not automatically part of that skill along with the other notifications.

Hi @Laydpyro. This feature includes the siren alongside the chirp tones. In the Ring app you can individually toggle whether you want your Echo device to sound door and window chimes, entry and exit delays, and sirens.

1 Like

Thanks for answering but the menu option to choose what sounds my Alexa plays does not exist in my Alexa Ring settings menu despite the fact I have previously enable them to play the chirps etc. This means I am still unable to get it to play the siren sounds. (Edit: I’ve just noticed that the article you’ve linked im says US only and I am in the UK)

This feature does not appear in my Ring device’s settings in the Alexa app. I have updated both Alexa and Ring apps to the latest, and I am located in the US. What gives?

Alex app reports Client Version 1.24.208338.0 and App Version 2.2.483723

Hi @mattrabe. You need to have your Ring and Amazon accounts linked in order to use this feature. If your accounts are linked and you’re still not able to see the option, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support

Thank you for your response. Yes, my accounts are linked. I will contact support.

** To anyone who experiences this - I was able to resolve it on my end, and here’s how:**

Firstly, do not contact Ring support - after many wasted minutes you will be transferred to Amazon support. If you need support on this, contact Amazon Echo support.

But you may not need support - the solution on my end was: Disable the Ring Skill in the Alexa app, and then re-enable it. As soon as I did that, the feature appeared in Alexa and I’m off to the races.

Hope that helps, and thanks for the responses!

1 Like

Why is the feature only available in the U.S. ??? (as stated on your website)

I’m a Ring customer in Canada, I’m even paying for a Ring Protect Plus subscription, yet for no obvious reason I’m excluded from using this useful feature.

Please add support for this feature outside of the U.S.

Hi Ring!

Is there a reason why this doesn’t work on Alexa devices and only works on echo devices? All of the other ring integrations are available except for this one!!! Needs to be fixed