Outdoor Wall Sconce / Front Door Light with Camera

I do not have or want a doorbell, but I do want a camera at my front door.

Since I already have a wired light at my door, I’m wondering why Ring doesn’t offer an outdoor wall scone / front door light with a camera.

Kuna offers something called a “Smart Security Light”, and that’s what I’d like Ring to offer.

Seems like a natural for the Ring ecosystem.

1 Like

@Mateo wrote:

I do not have or want a doorbell, but I do want a camera at my front door.

Since I already have a wired light at my door, I’m wondering why Ring doesn’t offer an outdoor wall scone / front door light with a camera.

Kuna offers something called a “Smart Security Light”, and that’s what I’d like Ring to offer.

Seems like a natural for the Ring ecosystem.

@Mateo ,

Yes, Ring currently does not have Scone lights with the prettier appearance as the Kuna camera lights. But Ring does have cameras such as the Spot-Light or Flood-Light devices with the features you are looking for. Between those two device choices, you might want to consider the Flood-Light camera, because you already have a wired light at my door, and installation would be fast and easy. :slight_smile:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001262186-Installing-Your-Floodlight-Cam

I already have two floodlight cams. They’re just not appropriate for a front doorway. Physically too big and way too bright at that close range. Plus even the documentation for the floodlight cams says it should be installed about nine feet high.

I’ll have to wait and hold out hope that Ring makes a wall sconce.

1 Like

@Mateo , I agree and see you’re point. Those Kuna lights are nicer looking more appropriate for a front door, and hopefully one day Ring will make nicer looking outdoor cameras for your purposes.

That 9 foot recommendation is based on what Ring considers optimum for both the floodlights detection operation and video operation. I’ve found mounting my outdoor cameras a little lower provides better facial videos. Your choice of mounting height depends on which operational aspects are more important to you (trade-offs). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah… that makes sense to me. I think my garage one is proably at eight feet, but only because that’s where the box was for the old light. :slight_smile:

Seconding this request. I currently have 7 Kuna lights (4 with cameras) that I would love be to switch out to Ring. I have already replaced two Kuna cameras in less conspicuous places to Ring floodlight cameras.

The wall sconce style of lights just work better at the other locations.

I’ll settle for the equivalent of the Kuna Toucan, it’s an add-on to add camera capabilities to any wall sconce style light.

3 Likes

I would buy something like this as well. Kuna is the only one that makes something like this but it doesn’t integrate with anything and they charge a steep fee for the cloud recordings.

1 Like

I’d buy one or maybe two of these, if Ring offered a decent looking outdoor wall sconce light w/ camera.

I’m looking for a camera to to mount in place of an existing wall sconce on a side door, the location isn’t appropriate for a floodlight cam (<7ft above ground and in a narrow passage between house and detached garage), and I certainly don’t need a doorbell there.

I already have a Ring Doorbell Pro for the front door and a Ring Alarm system - I’d much rather integrate another Ring camera to my set up vs buying another brand and having to deal with a separate app and cloud account.

2 Likes

I would like to see Ring come out with an outdoor wall light (sconce) with camera. I have seen wall lights with cameras from other manufacturers, but want to stay with the ring ecosystem.

1 Like

Please design desirable (designer) outdoor sconce lights with built in cameras. There are a few on the market but the light fixtures look cheap. This will allow the power source to activate the great camera function of a Ring product and avoid a mounted camera. Thank you

1 Like

A wall mount sconce fixture. I have a recessed area that has a sliding glass door, next to a regular door.
Doorbell and flood lights do not allow coverage. It would be nice to replace the existing sconce with a ring

Can Ring please make cameras for lightbulb sockets??