Option to turn off Night Vision on Ring Cameras and Doorbells

This has been an ongoing topic of concern and frustration in many different forums from Clients. Please update the Firmware/Software so we can turn off night vision if we choose to do so. Thanks!

84 Likes

Yes please this feature is a must ! Please consider.

2 Likes

YES! I need this feature added ASAP. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Right on thank you and hope there is no next time to go thru this long process

1 Like

Yes please! Turn off night vision feature is a must! My picture is terrible when the IR turn on. Turning them off at night makes my picture so much better. Please have a “off” mode for night vision/IR. Thanks!

3 Likes

Would be great to have this as an “on/off” feature.

3 Likes

Yes please! I already have 4 cameras, I do not want to have a redundant camera just because the door bell won’t function in night mode!

2 Likes

Yes please. I need this option on my Pro doorbell as we have a porch light

3 Likes

Taking way too long! We need this feature YESTERDAY!

2 Likes

Please do add an option to turn off the IR light altogether. I have the Ring Elite.

1 Like

Yes please. Tons of false motion when IR attracts moths.

1 Like

Still waiting for Ring to provide their clients with this simple added option. It’s so frustrating because there are so many other competitors that cost a lot less money that already have this convenient feature AND do not charge a dime for cloud storage.

2 Likes

I have a very bright LED 300W equivalent 6k porch light 18 inches above my RING Doorbell 2, and it still will not switch out of night mode to color. PLEASE MAKE THIS A OPTION TO SWITCH MANUALLY BY THE OWNER/USER!

4 Likes

This is basic…

2 Likes

Please add an option to disable IR

3 Likes

Seems pretty basic programming to me but… And with all the requests and valid needs…Come on!!!

2 Likes

Just installed my Ring Pro and so bummed to see the disappointing picture quality due to the infrared bouncing off the adjacent brick. When it temporarily disabled itself due to a turning car the picture looked fantastic.

Please PLEASE allow us to disable the infrared! Thank you

4 Likes

Ring, what’s the ETA on this??

2 Likes

I’d like the night vision mode back please

1 Like

Its a must have please!

1 Like