cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Option to disable blue light

Option to disable blue light

Please offer option to disable blue motion light, especially for indoor cams. Being discreet is paramount
24 Comments
New Neighbor

THANK YOU !!
looking forward how ring listen to their users . . . 

New Neighbor
Give us the option to turn off the blue indicator light on the stick up cams. I just bought a 3 pack and have many other ring products and this is a deal breaker. Let me know if this can not be removed so I can return these products.
New Neighbor

This should be a must!

Thank you.

New Neighbor

Agreed, this is an easy option and should be the owner's choice in terms of whether or not the blue light is on during recording. 

New Neighbor

Agreed, we bought these for baby cams, I don't need that bright blue light distracting my 3 y/o when I check to see if he's asleep. 

New Neighbor

The LED is there for privacy reasons, allowing it to be disabled would defeat its purpose. If they've designed the cameras properly with security in mind, the LED would be driven from the camera sensor's power input, such that the LED cannot be turned off without disabling the camera. 

New Neighbor

Same boat - using as a baby camera.  The goal is to NOT wake the baby. 

New Neighbor

How about using a little sticker to cover up the LED?

New Neighbor

I ended up using a sharpie to colour some paper black then sellotaped this over the blue light and both red lights that come on when sensing motion as they also disturb my kids when we check in on them during settling for bed.

New Neighbor

Or at least the option of muting, or reducing the glare?