cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification of camera offline

Notification of camera offline

It would be nice to be notified if a camera (or doorbell) is offline, like Ring does with the alarm system.  Would not need to be instant (I get the load issues), maybe a periodic ping to the camera every so often.  One other way to do it could be for cameras set to upload periodic snapshots, if they quit coming.  I am sure Ring can find a way to do this.  Just so we would know if an installed camera has gone offline.

4 Comments
New Neighbor

+1

New Neighbor

I was shocked the first time my Doorbell cam dropped offline and I didn't find out until days later when I noticed a visitor didn't trigger an app notification. 

It seems to be a rather glaring oversight that a product that relies on WiFi and bills itself as a home security product doesn't have a mechanism to notify when the camera is no longer communicating to Ring's backend servers. 

New Neighbor

This seems like an easy fix, my other 'cheaper' cameras all have this feature, I would expect RING to be able to have this feature.
This has burned me several times already, having to always pull out my phone to double check is not practical.

New Neighbor

I couldn't agree more, especially in these times when no one comes to my doorbell! I can go a week without looking at the app only to find out thatmthere have been no events for days!!

If the app can alert me when the battery is a week from running out it certainly should be able to alert me when it is offline!

Developers, make this happen!!!!