cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No notification when device or camera goes offline

No notification when device or camera goes offline

Please add notifications when alarm device or camera goes offline! Not sure why this isn’t a feature. What good is an alarm if I have no idea when the sensors aren’t connected or working?
Same for cameras....
2 Comments
New Neighbor

Hey Ring Execs,

Go hire Nest developers to help you with this.  Nest has been able to notify you when a camera is down since they were Dropcam.  Seriously considering changing to the Nest Hello and replacing all my Echo shows with Google Nest Hubs.  

I have to keep my Nest cameras facing the front door because i can't trust the Ring equipment.  Sad.

Very Annoyed seeing my Ring Doorbell down for another day without me knowing.

New Neighbor

I too am frustrated by finding out a camera has been offline. I use ring cameras to monitor the outdoors at my vacation rentals and I had a guest find the plug and unplug the camera to commit violations of our policies which I found out after the fact. When I went to check the Ring footage, the camera was offline. Would have been nice to recieve an alert that one of my cameras went offline so I could look into it right away. This is an essental feature that needs to be added.