MyQ garage door integration

Ok so I guess I have to be a voice of reason here…

MyQ is licensed by Chamberlain (or whomever it is) and there is no incentive to partner with Ring for that because it does not benefit them in any way and it would cost Ring too much to do so.

What can be done and what SHOULD be suggested is 2 things:

1. Garage Door Close Sensor - Would have to be installed on the door rail and be a switch with a spring (like an arm) that the metal parts of the back of the door (non-wooden door and non-roll-up door) would hit and hold down when in the closed position. This seems highly unlikely given the ease of install on Ring Products and this would not be “easy” for most home users. Or one that the carrage overhead would hit when it reaches the end of the track. <–easier IMO I suppose because you should be able to run power to it more easily also if you wanted to do a powered option.

2. Garage open/close relay - I’m not sure how possible this is either because things do not appear to be as clean cut as they used to be. You can already get these for z-wave and integrate as a relay on the physical opener button. Again though this is not a simple install for a majority of home users. Not only that but I’m not sure that modern garage doors work that way anymore as there seems to possibly be an IC board with logic at the internal opener.

So for now just use the MyQ app and as others have suggested you can have it alert you to all kinds of stuff.