More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

We have multiple doorbells and multiple exterior cameras. We cannot tell the differece, for example when a person is at the back door or the front door Ring cameras. The two are very far apart and so we don’t know if the UPS guy is at the fron door or back door. So now we have to go to the front door, look out the window. If no one is there, we have to run to the back gate. By that time the person is gone so the Ring cameras are useless in this case.

Same thing with door bells. We have multiple door bells but we cannot tell where someone is ringing the door or which door should we go answer. Seems like a simple software fix here that would make this product much more useful. Of course I could buy multiple ringers and place pairs of ringers around the house. That is a really impractical and dumb idea.

I know you have smart engineers there. Please fix this for me and all the complaints I see on Ring forums and on Amazon. I’m sure you have hear this many times before. Just enter a Jira issue for this

Yes this is critical. Imagine being woekn up at night with a chime and you don’t know what side of the house the motion is on - this very simple change will go along way to fixing that. Custom chimes and rings per device.

1 Like

Would it be possible to give us the ability to “Import” our own custom chime sound? We could then ‘import’ almost any sound audio file, even sounds we personally recorded.

1 Like

Device settings > App Alert Tones > Sound > Motion at “device name”

@Marsha11
wrote:

Device settings > App Alert Tones > Sound > Motion at “device name”

Marsha11,

You misunderstand. Many people have multiple devices and need More than the amount of current Alert-Chirps available already. As people run out of choices, then it becomes difficult to tell from the sound has been activated. We already know how to set Alert-chirp sounds, and we were asking not how to select the sound. @jmcquigg and all of us, were asking for want more choices to distinguish which device with the current limited choices. My suggestion was to have the ability to Import a Custom sound, so I could make tailored Alert-sound by making my own unique like, “There’s Motion near the Backyard Shed.”

@alainealain started this thread with:

@alaindealain wrote:

We have multiple doorbells and multiple exterior cameras. We cannot tell the difference, for example when a person is at the back door or the front door Ring cameras. The two are very far apart and so we don’t know if the UPS guy is at the front door or back door. So now we have to go to the front door, look out the window. If no one is there, we have to run to the back gate. By that time the person is gone so the Ring cameras are useless in this case.

Same thing with door bells. We have multiple door bells but we cannot tell where someone is ringing the door or which door should we go answer. Seems like a simple software fix here that would make this product much more useful. Of course I could buy multiple ringers and place pairs of ringers around the house. That is a really impractical and dumb idea.

I know you have smart engineers there. Please fix this for me and all the complaints I see on Ring forums and on Amazon. I’m sure you have hear this many times before. Just enter a Jira issue for this

If you like to have a “Custom” Alert-Chirp sound available with a simple method for the user to “Import” a sound file into this custom slot, then click on the below link and then click on “Thumbs Up” Icon. The Ring teams will notice and potentially incorporate this feature if this idea gets plenty of Thumbs Up.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

1 Like

I too would like to have one chime and the ability to change to motion tones for each device. That way when my chime motion alert goes off I can determine where the motion was coming from without having to look at my phone.

1 Like

Please could you add the functionality to set different chime ringtones for each doorbell and indeed camera active at a property, so that users can tell where around their property motion has been detected or doorbells pressed based on the ringtones alone. The ability to set custom ringtones, e.g. a snippet of music or upload a recording would also be useful.

Chime Pro should play unique sounds for each connected camera so you can tell where motion is. I have multiple cameras and getting the same alert for all of them is just annoying since I have to find my phone to figure out where the motion is.

Even the most basic doorbell had a Ding Dong for the front doorbell and a Ding for the rear doorbell. And this would be a simple feature to add. Yes, the doorbell will need to tell the Chime which doorbell had the activity - ring or motion - but it is likely already sending this information. And yes, there may be a memory limitation - even the smallest of memory would probably handle 10-15 doorbells - many more than the average home.

3 Likes

Let’s make this happen!

2 Likes

Completely agree!!!

they should definitely have the chime play different sounds for different cameras and doorbells.

I have several cameras and Im going crazy trying to figure out iwhich location detected motion when I’m at home

When I’m at home if I don’t have my phone with me, I have no way of knowing which device detected motion.

The product name is Chime Pro… IIT SHOULD REALLY LIVE UP TO THE NAME AND PERCORM BETTER AS A CHIME FOR RING DEVICES.

I’ve wanted this feature since day 1 of owning the chime pro. We have 2 cameras and 2 door bells and it would be so amazingly useful to have custom tones per device.

I can’t believe custom ringtones haven’t been implemented yet. Especially since ring has pushed “Adams Family” and Christmas tones. An import feature to customize device and location notifications should be a high priority for the development team.
It’s available on the competition.

3 Likes

This is a must for large homes/businesses with multiple entry doors! I would like to use Ring in a new installation but will likely install old fashion door bells due to Ring not having the basic functionality of 20th century doorbells (ugg). Please let me know if this is on track for implementation anytime soon as this request is already over a 1.5 years old.

The doorbell that I just connected the jumpers to for my ring wired had 2 stage ring ability. And the cost on that was far less than the ring chime pro that I just installed. I guess I should have done a little more research. Come on, this isn’t the 70’s!!! Add the ability to have the different tones for different devices. Definitely making me look for a more updated system for security system. Shame on you Ring!!

1 Like

I just think it would be cool to be able to upload your own ring chimes (like ring tones) to be able to be played from your doorbell device. Favorite song, guitar riff, but also for people with sensory issues it might be nice to pick a sound that suits you.

I’m not sure on who to submit this suggestion too, but I have one. I wanted to know if you could make it so Ring Doorbell Chimes play parts of college football fight songs or chants. For example, the University of Nebraska & their fight song & the saying “Go Huskers!” Amazon could make a profit by selling these special tones/chimes for $1 a piece. Again just a suggestion. I’m sure I’m not the only one who would want to have something like this for their NCAA, NFL, MLB, NBA or NHL team! Thanks!

In addition, maybe you could make a way to have customized team colors flash on the doorbell as well. Just a fun idea since football season is here!

1 Like

Please give us an option to choose a different sound for the doorbell Version 4.

1 Like

All “Chime” devices need to be able to record custom tones, one for each doorbell, e.g. “Front Door”, “Back Door”, “Garage Side Door”, “Patio Door”, etc. Also, each Chime device needs to be able to assign a different tone (custom or standard) to each different doorbell. We have four doorbells and three Chime devices. We need to be able to hear them ring and know from the unique tone which of the four doorbells rang. This is so very basic and obvious, yet Ring failed to program this into the software. This is long overdue. Thanks for reading and please support this feature request.

At the minimum, please add option for audio announcement of what door is open instead of just a chirp.

1 Like