More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

@Marsha11
wrote:

Device settings > App Alert Tones > Sound > Motion at “device name”

Marsha11,

You misunderstand. Many people have multiple devices and need More than the amount of current Alert-Chirps available already. As people run out of choices, then it becomes difficult to tell from the sound has been activated. We already know how to set Alert-chirp sounds, and we were asking not how to select the sound. @jmcquigg and all of us, were asking for want more choices to distinguish which device with the current limited choices. My suggestion was to have the ability to Import a Custom sound, so I could make tailored Alert-sound by making my own unique like, “There’s Motion near the Backyard Shed.”

@alainealain started this thread with:

@alaindealain wrote:

We have multiple doorbells and multiple exterior cameras. We cannot tell the difference, for example when a person is at the back door or the front door Ring cameras. The two are very far apart and so we don’t know if the UPS guy is at the front door or back door. So now we have to go to the front door, look out the window. If no one is there, we have to run to the back gate. By that time the person is gone so the Ring cameras are useless in this case.

Same thing with door bells. We have multiple door bells but we cannot tell where someone is ringing the door or which door should we go answer. Seems like a simple software fix here that would make this product much more useful. Of course I could buy multiple ringers and place pairs of ringers around the house. That is a really impractical and dumb idea.

I know you have smart engineers there. Please fix this for me and all the complaints I see on Ring forums and on Amazon. I’m sure you have hear this many times before. Just enter a Jira issue for this

If you like to have a “Custom” Alert-Chirp sound available with a simple method for the user to “Import” a sound file into this custom slot, then click on the below link and then click on “Thumbs Up” Icon. The Ring teams will notice and potentially incorporate this feature if this idea gets plenty of Thumbs Up.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

1 Like