Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

Need to be able to temporarily shut off camera light so it does not come on while enjoying the backyard in the evening. So far APP options turn the light off but it comes back on by motion trigger. Nothing tried allows the the light to stay off.

5 Likes

How is this not a feature yet? Any word from Ring on when they will get this done??

I agree, it is very annoying when you want to sit with friends in range of the camera. Just give us a simple on/off toggle for the camera operation!

I have a floodlight cam at my front door and it works great; however, I would like to add one for my patio but would like to be able to have the lights stay off when we gather there some evenings.

11 Likes

Love all you Ringsters but I’m begging you to please add a Motion Lights SNOOZE button for the flood and security. You have the snooze alerts button which is dandy but I often go outside at night and just want to stop the motion lights from coming on for a little and desperately desire the same button. Instead I have to go and manually turn off the light zones then I usually forget to turn them back on when I go inside and then I’m in a big mess. Please make this dream happen! Thank you!

18 Likes

‘Motion Snooze’ function should disable alerts AND LIGHTS!!!

8 Likes

Totally agree… it’s not actually snoozed if the light comes on recognizing motion

That should definitely be optional and preferably configurable per-device.

Agree with the point. The light is bright and I don’t want it disturbing the neighbours at night, especially if I have washing hung out, it’s raining or a spider spins a web over the sensor. I would like to be able to keep recording if motion is detected, but not have the light come on for certain hours at night, on a schedule.

Agreed - I have one on my deck and if we are out there in the evening we don’t want the Floodlight blinding us!

Hi all. I have a floodlight setup and working well. I’d like to disable the floodlight on the camera late at night so that it’s not switching on and off with motion over night.

I know this sounds counter productive but the night time recording actually works well without the lights.

I want the lights to come on with motion up to 22:30 but then stay off for all motion until 06:30. This means that the lights can still operate with motion if it’s dark enough.

I see there is a light schedule it I suspect this will simply turn the light on and leave it on until the schedule ends? I’m looking for this setting but with the motion feature.

It would be very helpful to have a setting to turn off the flood lights motion trigger when you are home. I have them on my patio but can’t get them to turn off when I am out there and don’t want them on. Changing the motion zones is a pain in the rear end and then you have to put them back to ensure security. Please consider a feature that allows you to disable motion alerts and motion lights. Not just alerts.

11 Likes

I agree - We have a hard wired (no switch) Floodlight Cam over our back patio. When we are out there, it continually turns on and off based on the motion sensor (we have a gazebo andit shuts off when we are under that, but as soon as motion is sensed, the floodlight turns on). I would like to be able to turn it on (and stay on) or off (and stay off) via the app and not have it changed base on the motion sensor. I would think this is possible but for the life of me, can’t find setting that allow this. Am I missing something?

I think a ‘Mode’ that allow direct-control of the light and camera (meaning I can turn it off and it will stay off), or a ‘timed’ mod that will keep the light and/or camer off for X hours would be useful. Alternately, just allow me to disable the motion sensor for a perid of time and allow the ‘light on/off’ app switch to work

I agree. There are times when I don’t want to flood lights to come on. You can turn off the motion monitoring, but the lights still trigger and turn off. We need to be able to motion snooze but also snooze the lights from turning on.

Agree completely. Please also move the snooze button option on the main dashboard versus having to go into the “devices” setting.

I agree, this is an absolute “must have”!!

Love my Spotlight Cam on my Deck yet cannot enjoy my deck after dark because I cannot easily & temporarily shutdown the Light activation.

You would think the logic of turning OFF Motion Alerts and Record Motion would indicate that I want the Light also OFF?!

This light and two others are hardwired, NOT a simple wall switch to turn off (but then possibly to forget to turn back on even if it was wired in this manner!).

My setup would require turning off at the breaker which then shuts off two other cameras and power to other household items.

Please request a LIGHT SNOOZE feature to be added!

One way would be for them to have a three position toggle on the app. ON-MOTION-OFF

Definitely want this as when we are outside and the light keeps turning on and off in the evening it is very annoying. Could also put a snooze option as well.

This is clearly one of the most requested features. There are 4 different threads which should be combined so that the upvotes total:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Flood-light-turn-off/idi-p/26466

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Snooze-motion-light-sensor-on-outdoor-cam/idi-p/29130

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Motion-Snooze-should-disable-lights-too/idi-p/24824

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Add-option-to-disable-lights-on-floodlight-cam/idi-p/24123

I too wish this feature to be enabled, I would just like to pause the light if we’re sitting in the garden in the evening.

I would like to join the petition for this feature to be added.

It must be easy for you to do and it’s clearly wanted

C’mon guys