Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

A “Party Mode” or a button to snooze ALL selected (motion, camera, lights) floodlight cam functionality for a specific period of time (1, 2, 4 hours). This could be used during a party or when using a telescope out back to keep lights from coming on, prevent the camera from recording, etc. Right now it is way too difficult to disable the motion zones.

Ideally the 'Mode" would allow you to manually control the lights with the front-panel button.

2 Likes

This need not be a new feature. They can simply (?) add a “Record Motion” slider and a “Light Motion” slider to the existing “Snooze motion on all cameras” feature. This would allow us to disable motion notifications and, optionally, stop recording motion and/or disable the light motion zones for the specified duration on all cameras. The default would be “Record Motion: on” and “Light Motion: on” for backwards compatibility.

For completeness, they should probably add a “Motion Alerts” slider to the existing “Snooze motion on all cameras” feature. The default would be “Motion Alerts: off” for backwards compatibility. This would support, for example, the scenario in which you want to record motion with notifications, however, you don’t want the lights to come on.

Agreed! We need the lights and cam to watch the dock and boats at night, but we also entertain frequently and the stupid lights keep coming on lighting it up like a football game. When I disable the motion detection through MODES it should disable the lights coming on because of motion as well.

This is so frustrating, I am considering installing a GE Z-Wave wall switch to control my floodlight cam. I am currently turning the (non-smart) switch off when I am on the patio to prevent recording and the light from coming on, but then sometimes forget to turn it on. At least with a smart switch I could do an automation to turn it on again. Certainly not the very best solution but better than nothing :man_shrugging:

The only options to snooze motion on Ring cameras are 30-mins. to 4 hours. Please add 6 and 8 hours to

I created a mockup with 30 minutes to 12 hours (along with a few other snooze-related features),

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

Refer to this new feature request. Let me know what you think.

I have contractors in the yard all day long. Why can’t I motion snooze for longer than 4 hours??

It seems silly and very frustrating.

Completely agree. Why can I not type in ANY amount of snooze time I want? 8 hours, 12 hours, 2 days… big oversight and such an easy fix for Ring. Disappointing they continue to ignore.

Instead of only allowing users to snooze notifications for 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour or 2 hours; the app should allow more and longer time frames. There’s times I could be in my backyard with friends/family for hours and don’t want to keep snoozing the notifications that we’re triggering since 2 hours is the maximum I’m able to snooze them. The only fix for this that I’ve found is to switch off the camera entirely which I usually forget to switch back on at the end of the night so it makes the camera less helpful than it could be.

Could you increase the Snooze time from 4 hours max. to 6 hours?

Id like it longer than 6 hours…

1 Like

Ok, 2, 4, 6, 8, 4 hours as it is now is not enough!

3 Likes

Increase Snooze (via Notification) beyond current 2 hours.

Also make Snooze settings in app more prominent.

2 Likes

Please extend the maximum “Snooze motion on all cameras” duration from four hours to 12 hours with one- or two-hour increments. The default duration can remain two hours for backwards compatibility. This should be a trivial change.

Motivation: If I know I’m going to be working in the yard all day, I don’t want to have to stop every four hours to (re)disable motion notifications.

4 Likes

Yup. In both the popup and inside the app, it should just have a slider from 0-24.

3 Likes

I mocked this up based on 30 minutes to 12 hours and combined it with a few other related “snooze” enhancements,

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

Refer to this new feature request.

2 Likes

Please increase the snooze time to 8 hours!! For shift workers it is important as you want a way to sleep during the day without constant announcements - but still want the video recordings!!

Please increase to 8 hours - its an easy update

2,4,6,8 or even 12 and 24 hours!

Please support this for ALL cameras and devices - not just Doorbell pro

4 Likes

@Ring

please extend snooze time as others have indicated. 4 hours isn’t enough.

2 Likes

Please extend snooze times. When you have construction going on at your house during the day 4 hours is not enough.

2 Likes

This is especially important now that school kids are staying home from school due to COVID. I don’t want to keep getting notifications all day while they are home and I’m at work. If the snooze time has longer options, it would be more convenient.

2 Likes