More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

Yes, PLEASE add more Chirp Tones, especially for DOORS! And if possible ‘audible’ announcement of the “Door Name” when a door is opened (not when it is being closed). This seems like a “must” have in security, especially for older folks or very large homes with many doors at great distances. Thanks!!!

1 Like

I love using the Halloween themed alert tones. But would like additional tones for other holidays. Maybe a turkey gobble for Thanksgiving, Ho Ho Ho for Christmas. That kind of thing.

or just the ability to use a custom tone that a user provides.

1 Like

The Ring entry\exit countdown tone is hard for me to hear even with the volume at the max. The tone for some reason is not easily discernible, almost soft. Compared to Simplisafe, which is more of a hard ping like sound, similar to the radar ping of a submarine. When we return home, we have to listen for the tone and it is immediately noticeable that the entry delay is running down. So I’d like something more urgent sounding and discernible and\or the option to choose from other tones.

1 Like

Correction to the above: “it is NOT immediately noticeable that the entry delay is running down.”

1 Like

I would like to see the holiday tones that are available for “Rings” to also be available for “Motions”. Since Ring already has the audio files, it should be easy to add them to the motion alerts for the Chime Pro as well.

1 Like

@cannonjamesr wrote:

I would like to see the holiday tones that are available for “Rings” to also be available for “Motions”. Since Ring already has the audio files, it should be easy to add them to the motion alerts for the Chime Pro as well.

Hello @cannonjamesr ,

Why depend on Ring to make selections for you? Wouldn’t you like the ability to import any sound file of your choosing into any Ring device that has a selection of App Alert Tones or Chirp Tones. :slight_smile:

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to help get the attention of the Ring Teams. Go to the links below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones and add your “Thumbs Up” vote! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

Submitted by @snigehere

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Allow-me-to-upload-my-own-chime-file-to-doorbells-and-chimes/idi-p/55782

1 Like

There should be a way to cutomize the App Alert Tones for your contact and motion sensors. You already have this option availalble for cameras so I would think it would be pretty easy to add that option for the contact and motion sensors (or all sensors). Currently, when I receive a push notification from my contact sensor open or close it uses my default notification sounds. So without looking at my phone I don’t know whether I’m receiving a text message notification or a ring notification.

1 Like

@WB77 wrote:

There should be a way to cutomize the App Alert Tones for your contact and motion sensors. You already have this option availalble for cameras so I would think it would be pretty easy to add that option for the contact and motion sensors (or all sensors). Currently, when I receive a push notification from my contact sensor open or close it uses my default notification sounds. So without looking at my phone I don’t know whether I’m receiving a text message notification or a ring notification.

Hello @WB77 ,

Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones. :slight_smile:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

@WB77 wrote:

There should be a way to cutomize the App Alert Tones for your contact and motion sensors. You already have this option availalble for cameras so I would think it would be pretty easy to add that option for the contact and motion sensors (or all sensors).

Oh, and @WB77 if you were also referring to the Sound Tones that you heard, there is a limited selection already for Contact & Motion Sensors call “Chirp Tones.” I don’t know why the Sounds Tones are titled differently, with Camera sounds known as " App Alert Tones" , and with Contact & Motion Sensors known as " Chirp Tones", but here is how you set/change those:

For Camera’s “App Alert Tones” : main menu > Devices > select the camera > Device Settings (Gear) icon button > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones > select the App Alert Tone sound of your choice, including the available choice of ‘Silent’.

For Alarm Motion or Contact Sensor “Chirp Tones” : main menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > select the sensor > Chirp Tones icon button > select the Chirp Tone sound of your choice, including the available choice of ‘None’.

I hope you find this information useful :slight_smile:

Need more options and pleasant ones. Only have 4 options :frowning:

It would be good if all Ring Chime tones were available as an app alert tone. I use the tone called Ring Alert 2 on my plug in Ring Chimes and Chime Pro. However this tone isn’t available an an app alert tone so my phone makes a different tone from the Chimes. Realise its a small thing but it would be good if they were all available on the chimes as well as in the app.

Is there a way to customize my App Notification Tone, Motion Sounds to include “Device Name”?
For example if you have more than one Stick up cam, I can only get “Motion at Stick up Cam” announcement but I cannot differentiate which Stick up Cam as it doesn’t include the “Device Name” option. It would be very helpful to hear motion at which stick up cam. In fact it sounds rather rude most of the time. So it would be nice to be able to customize the announcement to “motion at your garage cam” for example.

I am fairly new, but I was able to use different rings for the different devices in device settings… I have my cameras using the wind chime tone, the sensors use the default beeps, and my outdoor lighting another tone… I don’t know if there are more tones or if you can use your own, but if not… (RING, if you’re listening) that would be a nice option to add! Hope this helps.

I liked the Adams Family tone you had for the chimes and one of mine still has it. Is there was a way to use say use an mp3 for the chime? I have 6 doors and would like to add a tome like “Front Door” or “Left Side Door” so I know where the ring is coming from instead of having to remember a bunch of tones and what door they are.

Basic tones like: Driveway, Deck, North Side, East Side, South Side, West Side.
Thank you!

I made this request in 2019. I saw an update that I should make it on here so I am going to make it again.

On the App on my Iphone (IOS), I can make each of my cameras give a different sound indication when it detects motion. Is there way to do this on the OSX app? In addition, I saw another thread about disabling the sound on the motion alerts and I believe the person who answered the question didn’t fully understand the question. I still want video popups when there is motion on some or all the cameras but I don’t want the sound. Is there a way to do this or are my only choice is to disable notification or get notifications with chime and video?

Is there anyway currently to adjust App Alert Tones on the iMac app? I would like to change the default ring tone on my iMac, the same way you can change it on a iPhone or iPad.

Is there anyway to keep holidays tones available throughout the entire year?
There are some I want all
Year long.

Hello @Zoupem ,

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

4 vibrations is really annoying, 0 makes having a camera pointless. I don’t use ring tones, please provide the option to control how many vibrations, or the vibration pattern, even if it’s just a soft, medium, and standard option.

Thanks!