More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

My old “legacy” system used to tell me “kitchen door open”, “basement door closed”, etc. I asked about this a long time ago and am having trouble finding if this feature will ever be added. I was told 2 years ago when I installed mine that this was a heavily-requested feature. Anyone know if there has been any update? Using that dome siren speaker would be great! I have to look at my watch or phone to see which sensors were tripped, but I would love the ability to audibly notify me when certain sensors are tripped.

The timer/delay reminder on “opened” sensors would be GREAT as well…

Thanks, and sorry if this has been posted, I searched, but did not see it anywhere…

1 Like

I have been able to implement this in Alexa Routines by triggering off the Ring Alarm sensor for a door and thgen making my Echo device speak the message

1 Like

@columbusringuser wrote:

My old “legacy” system used to tell me “kitchen door open”, “basement door closed”, etc. I asked about this a long time ago and am having trouble finding if this feature will ever be added. I was told 2 years ago when I installed mine that this was a heavily-requested feature. Anyone know if there has been any update? Using that dome siren speaker would be great! I have to look at my watch or phone to see which sensors were tripped, but I would love the ability to audibly notify me when certain sensors are tripped.

The timer/delay reminder on “opened” sensors would be GREAT as well…

Thanks, and sorry if this has been posted, I searched, but did not see it anywhere…

I agree! :slight_smile: Others also agree. You aren’t alone with your request. Click on these two links, and if you concur add your Kudo to better get Ring’s attention:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/49415

For the time/delay reminder on “opened” sensors:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Open-sensor-notification/idi-p/47461

1 Like

@Shadowpap335 , @NJA , @estairplusplus , @sniz15 , @faengelm , @WDE ,

Glad you gave a Kudo to @columbusringuser . I agree! Others also agree. You aren’t alone with your request. Click on these two links below, and if you concur and like these ideas, and add your Kudo to better get Ring’s attention:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

For the time/delay reminder on “opened” sensors:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Open-sensor-notification/idi-p/47461

1 Like

One of the great things about fall in the Halloween season is watching and enjoying Harry Potter. The two of them just seem to go together well. I was really hoping for the seasonal ring chimes you guys would add the Harry Potter theme song.

1 Like

Amazing! I’m a Hufflepuff – you?!

1 Like

@Jzimmer wrote:
One of the great things about fall in the Halloween season is watching and enjoying Harry Potter. The two of them just seem to go together well. I was really hoping for the seasonal ring chimes you guys would add the Harry Potter theme song.

Hello @Jzimmer ,

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

1 Like

The current Entry/Exit delay sound is too bass/mid-tone reliant. Even at the highest volumes, we have trouble hearing it (with a keypad 3 feet away) when we’re walking into the house…especially with a loud kid.

It would be great if there were sound options (like you have with the chirps) for the entry/exit delay tone. I’d even prefer hearing the Navi chirp on repeat for entry/exit delay since it is so distinct sounding. Just anything with a bit of treble in it to attract attention.

1 Like

We have moved over from SimpliSafe and couldn’t agree more. I think this is our biggest gripe so far with the systems. We need more tone options for entry/exit. The default options suck, to be honest.

1 Like

Agreed and endorsed - this is precisely the same thing I’m reporting and asking for help solving here:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Ring-Alarm/Keypad-Gen-2-how-to-increase-volume-of-alarm-speech-tones/m-p/38308#M4058

1 Like

When a visitor rings the doorbell they should be able to press the doorbell button again to produce additional chimes on the chime device, where for example the single chime has not been heard or app notifications have been missed.

I have changed the chime to a longer chime and also increased the volume but have still missed visitors at the door. It is a fairly basic requirement for a doorbell/chime system to be able to ring again at the chime device when additional presses have been made to the doorbell.

1 Like

Agree, the doorbell should function just like any other regular doorbell and ring every time the button is pressed.

3 Likes

The ring product team should consider traditional doorbell operation (press the button and it rings) as MVP, if they want to increase value by adding the option to set a delay between rings then great; but do not force the delay without any ability to disable it.

Please vote for these similar requests:

1 Like

Please send an update to allow the chirp tones on doors/windows/motion sensors to be customizable, or at least make the chirp tone the name of the sensor. As of now, we can only choose a few different music tones. The base station/keypads should be able to announce the name of the sensor being triggered. I know you can do this with an Echo/Alexa device using routines, but I do not want to use an echo device. Plus, this feature should be fully included in the Ring Alarm system without the need of an external device. It’s important to know which exact sensor is opened/tripped, so just a generic music tone is not sufficient. Please add this feature soon to Ring alarm system. Even my old ADT 10 year old system did this. Thank you.

1 Like

Need this feature. It is really important

1 Like

Yes, PLEASE add more Chirp Tones, especially for DOORS! And if possible ‘audible’ announcement of the “Door Name” when a door is opened (not when it is being closed). This seems like a “must” have in security, especially for older folks or very large homes with many doors at great distances. Thanks!!!

1 Like

I love using the Halloween themed alert tones. But would like additional tones for other holidays. Maybe a turkey gobble for Thanksgiving, Ho Ho Ho for Christmas. That kind of thing.

or just the ability to use a custom tone that a user provides.

1 Like

The Ring entry\exit countdown tone is hard for me to hear even with the volume at the max. The tone for some reason is not easily discernible, almost soft. Compared to Simplisafe, which is more of a hard ping like sound, similar to the radar ping of a submarine. When we return home, we have to listen for the tone and it is immediately noticeable that the entry delay is running down. So I’d like something more urgent sounding and discernible and\or the option to choose from other tones.

1 Like

Correction to the above: “it is NOT immediately noticeable that the entry delay is running down.”

1 Like

I would like to see the holiday tones that are available for “Rings” to also be available for “Motions”. Since Ring already has the audio files, it should be easy to add them to the motion alerts for the Chime Pro as well.

1 Like