Gate Keypad Needed

The Access Controller Pro integration with a Ring doorbell is a good addition, but to be a “great” addition and allow Ring to compete with other high-end products, Ring needs to also integrate an outdoor “at the gate” keypad into the system, which will also open the gate. We have a fenced property with an electric gate that can be opened through a keypad, phone app, fob etc. While the current configuration has video, it is cumbersome and does not integrate with phone. Several neighbors who also have a gate have integrated a Ring doorbell into their system and we could do this. However, I do not want to always have to pick up my phone to deal with regular visitors such s service vendors (pool, lawn, landscaping, etc.) or teams that use our court for practices. For these groups, I would like to give each of them a unique pin code to open the gate.

Some important features include (1) logging when the pin code was used to access the gate, (2) having the ability to set times/dates (e.g. between 8 am and 5 pm on M-F) when the pin codes will work, and (3) when the pin code is entered, the Ring doorbell takes a picture and files it with the log (see #1).

Another nice feature would be for the Ring Doorbell to also take a picture every time the call button was pushed in addition to the video and log it with a time stamp.

Thanks for reading,

Jake

2 Likes

Great comments. The gate controller should also allow scheduling (eg, open all day, closed all night). Too bad it’s not ready for real world use.

Did you figure this out? What are the other options on the market? Cost is not an issue.