For houses with multiple cameras Ring Chime should allow a sound to be set set for each camera

For a house like mine with 5 Ring Floodlight Cams, it would be great if a Ring Chime allowed a chime sound to be set for each camera. In otherwords all of the cameras could share a single chime but the chime would have a specific sound for motion on each camera. As it is currently, I have 5 chimes, one for each of my cameras.

8 Likes

Mine does this today with different cameras. Ring announces “There is motion in the backyard” or “There is motion is the sideyard”. It is under Setting, Alert Settings, App Alert Tones.

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough in my first comment. I know that the Ring App can play a different tone for motion alerts from each of multiple cameras, I want a SINGLE Ring Chime to have a setting for the alert tone for each camera. In otherwords, multiple cameras require only a SINGLE Ring Chime. Right now a Ring Chime only has one tone selectable and multiple cameras linked to that Chime all play the same notification tone.

2 Likes

I’ve asked Ring for this exact feature 2 years ago. No luck. All they said that they would forward to the developing team.

Seems like an easy add on. Also what would be great, is to Snooze multiple chimes from a single location. I have 3 chimes in my house, and would have to go to each device to snooze whenever I’m outside the house for awhile.

Hi there, neighbors! This feature is possible with an Echo device if you have one. You can setup Announcements for Ring through your Alexa device. You can also select a separate Announcement for each device. *We appreciate your feedback about the Chime notifications only being able to have one alert tone per event type currently, unless you have multiple Chime devices to differentiate this. We will make sure to share the interest for this feature update with our team. :slight_smile:

What you are asking for is " set different alert tones on a Chime for different devices". According to Ring this is not available yet. It would be a software update, as the Chime should already know which device is sending the notification - Alexa does, so this means the ring/motion out message from the device has a device ID within it. The Chime software needs to be setup to see the devices, show them in a grid and then allow you to allocate an alert tone for ring/motion against each.

There you go Ring - functional design done for you. No excuse to pass this onto your dev team now!!

2 Likes

It is ridiculous that they don’t have this feature.

1 Like

It’s ridiculous that my doorbell camera and floodlight camera give off the same motion alert sound on my Chime and thus on my Android.
What if a user had 2 doorbells and 2 cameras to monitor the yard perimeter, he/she would now have to scroll through the app to find out which sensor was triggered. Downright stupid. Should have bought Nest camera.

1 Like

What happened to the notification sounds that was there to identify each camera by saying motion detected in front yard. Mine used to do this and that is no longer available. I would like it to be able to do this again.

Please make it possible for the the Chime and Chime Pro to make separate sounds for different cameras. This would be such a great feature for our safety! I don’t know why it isn’t an option yet. It seems silly!
PLEASE ADD SEPARATE SOUNDS FOR SEPARATE CAMERAS AS A CHIME FEATURE!

1 Like