cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

1. Extend the maximum duration from four hours to 12 hours (default "2 HRS" for backwards compatibility).
  2. Add a "Record Motion" slider (default "on" for backwards compatibility). This would allow us to (optionally) stop recording motion for the specified duration on all cameras. 
  3. Add a "Light Motion" slider (default "on" for backwards compatibility). This would allow us to (optionally) disable the light motion zones for the specified duration on all cameras. 
  4. Add a "Motion Alerts" slider (default "off" for backwards compatibility).   This would allow us to (optionally) disable motion notifications for the specified duration on all cameras.

Enhance "Snooze motion on all cameras" Mockup 

54 Comments
New Neighbor
I have a floodlight cam at my front door and it works great; however, I would like to add one for my patio but would like to be able to have the lights stay off when we gather there some evenings.
New Neighbor
Love all you Ringsters but I’m begging you to please add a Motion Lights SNOOZE button for the flood and security. You have the snooze alerts button which is dandy but I often go outside at night and just want to stop the motion lights from coming on for a little and desperately desire the same button. Instead I have to go and manually turn off the light zones then I usually forget to turn them back on when I go inside and then I’m in a big mess. Please make this dream happen! Thank you!
New Neighbor
‘Motion Snooze’ function should disable alerts AND LIGHTS!!!
New Neighbor

Totally agree... it's not actually snoozed if the light comes on recognizing motion 

New Neighbor

That should definitely be optional and preferably configurable per-device. 

New Neighbor

Agree with the point. The light is bright and I don't want it disturbing the neighbours at night, especially if I have washing hung out, it's raining or a spider spins a web over the sensor. I would like to be able to keep recording if motion is detected, but not have the light come on for certain hours at night, on a schedule.

New Neighbor

Agreed - I have one on my deck and if we are out there in the evening we don't want the Floodlight blinding us! 

New Neighbor

Hi all. I have a floodlight setup and working well. I'd like to disable the floodlight on the camera late at night so that it's not switching on and off with motion over night. 

I know this sounds counter productive but the night time recording actually works well without the lights. 

I want the lights to come on with motion up to 22:30 but then stay off for all motion until 06:30. This means that the lights can still operate with motion if it's dark enough. 

I see there is a light schedule it I suspect this will simply turn the light on and leave it on until the schedule ends? I'm looking for this setting but with the motion feature. 

New Neighbor

It would be very helpful to have a setting to turn off the flood lights motion trigger when you are home.  I have them on my patio but can’t get them to turn off when I am out there and don’t want them on.  Changing the motion zones is a pain in the rear end and then you have to put them back to ensure security.  Please consider a feature that allows you to disable motion alerts and motion lights.  Not just alerts.  

New Neighbor

I agree - We have a hard wired (no switch) Floodlight Cam over our back patio.  When we are out there, it continually turns on and off based on the motion sensor (we have a gazebo andit shuts off when we are under that, but as soon as motion is sensed, the floodlight turns on).    I would like to be able to turn it on (and stay on) or off (and stay off) via the app and not have it changed base on the motion sensor.  I would think this is possible but for the life of me, can't find setting that allow this.  Am I missing something?

I think a 'Mode' that allow direct-control of the light and camera (meaning I can turn it off and it will stay off), or a 'timed' mod that will keep the light and/or camer off for X hours would be useful.    Alternately, just allow me to disable the motion sensor for a perid of time and allow the 'light on/off' app switch to work