Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

1. Extend the maximum duration from four hours to 12 hours (default “2 HRS” for backwards compatibility).
  2. Add a “Record Motion” slider (default “on” for backwards compatibility). This would allow us to (optionally) stop recording motion for the specified duration on all cameras.
  3. Add a “Light Motion” slider (default “on” for backwards compatibility). This would allow us to (optionally) disable the light motion zones for the specified duration on all cameras.
  4. Add a “Motion Alerts” slider (default “off” for backwards compatibility). This would allow us to (optionally) disable motion notifications for the specified duration on all cameras.

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

82 Likes

I mocked this up,

Refer to this new feature request. Let me know what you think.

I mocked this up,

1 Like

I mocked this up,

This looks fantastic. Nice work!

That’s exactly it. Thank you. Now how do we turn this into reality?

As with the existing “Motion Snooze” feature, this could be applied to all devices (as shown) or on a per-device basis.

1 Like

Thank you, this looks great, I am all-in. Now we just have to get Ring onboard.

This is exactly what I want and need! Iike the mock up too!

@Ring please make this longer duration snooze available in the app!!

If you’d like to see this implemented, I need you to click on the thumbs-up (kudos). Please and thank you.

add my vote to this one. I just installed this weekend. Love the capability. But when the family was on the deck in the evening the only way to keep the light from coming on was to turn off the detection zones. A snooze (defined as light WILL NOT come on) with setting for snooze duration will be great.

When in disarm mode, I want both the motion detection and light detection disabled for my floodlight cam.

When we are sitting outside In the garden, the floodlight cam is always switching on/off when there is any movement. Sure, I can change this by setting the light detection to off (by reducing the light detection zone to zero). However when we go to bed, I want both the light detection and motion detection to be on - and don’t want to have to go into device settings each time to change the sensitivity of the light detection.

It seems like the simplest solution would be to ensure that when I select the disarm mode both the light detection and motion detection is disabled. However this doesn’t work. How therefore can I achieve the outcome whereby when we are using the garden at night the floodlight cam doesn’t keep switching on and off - yet while we are going to bed both the motion and light settings can be set to trigger when any movement is detected?

When in disarm mode, I want both the motion detection and light detection disabled for my floodlight cam. When we are sitting outside In the garden, the floodlight cam is always switching on/off when there is any movement. Sure, I can change this by setting the light detection to off (by reducing the light detection zone to zero). However when we go to bed, I want both the light detection and motion detection to be on. It seems like the simplest solution would be to ensure that when I select the disarm mode both the light detection and motion detection is disabled. However this doesn’t work. How therefore can I achieve the outcome whereby when we are using the garden at night the floodlight cam doesn’t keep switching on and off - yet while we are going to bed both the motion and light settings can be set to trigger when any movement is detected?

1 Like

I also beg Ring to improve this feature. I had requested it a long time ago and was glad to see they implemented, but as noted in several posts, there is room for improvement. My biggest issues include:

a) Chimes are not snoozed as well

b) Other user devices, such as my wife’s phone, is not snoozed

Thus, if the feature can be expanded to include other devices, I would be ecstatic! I also reviewed the use of the Modes feature, but it doesn’t quite solve the concern I have in my opinion. I have the system setup the way I want when it is disarmed and we are home. I want motion detection and chime alerts under that scenario. However, I want to be able to go outside and work in the yard or have the kids play in the driveway, snooze the system, and know that it will automatically return to normal behavior after a designated amount of time. Should be stratight forward to update the Snooze All option.

I have a further recommendation… As the original post suggested, there would be defaults on multiple aspects of the Snooze All feature. However, why not give the user, through the app, the ability to customize their own default settings for this feature. Then, accessing this feature via the app could be done with a single click, knowing all the user custom defaults were applied. If the user wanted to customize the settings for a single occurrence, the app could utilize the long press or deep press feature of most smart phones to trigger additional options.

1 Like

Floodlight cams would benefit from Light Snooze Feature to temporarily disable light activation for a period of time. Disabling and enabling lights is a poor solution. Forgetting to enable lights presents a security concern. Thank you!

21 Likes

I mocked this up,

Refer to this new feature request . This would allow you to snooze any combination of motion alerts, recording and/or lights. As with the existing “Motion Snooze” functionality, this could be applied to all devices or on a per-device basis. If you like my mockup / new feature request, please give it a thumbs-up (kudos). Thank you!

Looks great- let’s hope Ring can get it done!

This is an essential feature that needs to be added. Not sure why Ring hasn’t done this.