Enhance Existing "Snooze motion on all cameras" Feature

I have a further recommendation… As the original post suggested, there would be defaults on multiple aspects of the Snooze All feature. However, why not give the user, through the app, the ability to customize their own default settings for this feature. Then, accessing this feature via the app could be done with a single click, knowing all the user custom defaults were applied. If the user wanted to customize the settings for a single occurrence, the app could utilize the long press or deep press feature of most smart phones to trigger additional options.

1 Like

Floodlight cams would benefit from Light Snooze Feature to temporarily disable light activation for a period of time. Disabling and enabling lights is a poor solution. Forgetting to enable lights presents a security concern. Thank you!

21 Likes

I mocked this up,

Enhance “Snooze motion on all cameras” Mockup

Refer to this new feature request . This would allow you to snooze any combination of motion alerts, recording and/or lights. As with the existing “Motion Snooze” functionality, this could be applied to all devices or on a per-device basis. If you like my mockup / new feature request, please give it a thumbs-up (kudos). Thank you!

Looks great- let’s hope Ring can get it done!

This is an essential feature that needs to be added. Not sure why Ring hasn’t done this.

Please Ring - this is a much needed feature!

Sometimes I like to take walks in the evening and not want to set off the flood light. Now we have to drill down deep into menus change settings/save just to snooze the floodlight. As mentioned above would be nice to have quick access button to snooze the floodlight. Not to mention I sometimes forget to turn it back on.

Thanks

1 Like

Follow up:

Stil want the snooze motion LIGHT button in the App…

The particular spotlight on my deck where I entertain at night is easily reached (unlike two others that were mounted 20 feet off the ground from a ladder).

My son was over enjoying some adult beverages with me and he took his shirt off and just covered the entire light - GENIUS!

That inspired me to refine the concept by cutting off the end of an old sock - slip it up over the motion sensor from the bottom of the spotlight to stop that %^$# light from coming on while youre out there - tada! Remove when done.

Love my Spotlight Cam on my Deck yet cannot enjoy my deck after dark because I cannot easily & temporarily shutdown the Light activation.

You would think the logic of turning OFF Motion Alerts and Record Motion would indicate that I want the Light also OFF?!

This light and two others are hardwired, NOT a simple wall switch to turn off (but then possibly to forget to turn back on even if it was wired in this manner!).

My setup would require turning off at the breaker which then shuts off two other cameras and power to other household items.

Please add a LIGHT SNOOZE feature!

Follow up:

Stil want the snooze motion LIGHT button in the App…

The particular spotlight on my deck where I entertain at night is easily reached (unlike two others that were mounted 20 feet off the ground from a ladder).

My son was over enjoying some adult beverages with me and he took his shirt off and just covered the entire light - GENIUS!

That inspired me to refine the concept by cutting off the end of an old sock - slip it up over the motion sensor from the bottom of the spotlight to stop that %^$# light from coming on while youre out there - tada! Remove when done.

Absolutely agree - pain the the backside the way I have to do it now. Ours covers the patio and when we sit out I do not want it constantly activating so have to disable it, then remember to reset it before I go to bed!

The best thing to do is to leave Ring and go with another company selling a Flood Light because this is such a stupid feature. Imagine not being able to turn off your flood light. Yeah, that’s where we’re at…

Yes, please make this a selectable feature!!! So annoying to snooze camera motion and still have the light still switch on and off while trying to enjoy a relaxing evening on the patio.

Ditto - Please add a LIGHT SNOOZE feature!

Please add chimes to this as well, and it would be perfect.

Yes, this is needed. Trying to sit in backyard and having to try to stay still enough to not trigger the floodlight cam lights to come on is a pain. A simple snooze all (recording, motion notifications, and motion sensing/light activation) doesn’t seem like it would be that difficult. Can’t believe that it’s not a feature already.

And add to snooze the Alexa and Echos.

EXTEND THE SNOOZE TIME! And yes we know about scheduling. Why buy more cameras? I’ll be setting even more to the current max of four hrs. If I find this option on a competitor model I’m done with Ring. Too aggravating and Ring knows it’s a simple software change.

Need to be able to temporarily shut off camera light so it does not come on while enjoying the backyard in the evening. So far APP options turn the light off but it comes back on by motion trigger. Nothing tried allows the the light to stay off.

5 Likes

How is this not a feature yet? Any word from Ring on when they will get this done??