Download Multiple Videos

Using the basic plan, the current system only allows one video to be downloaded at a time. Downloading multiple videos is tedious. It would be benificial to be able to select multiple videos and download then all in one download. Selection should be individually (Ctl & Click) or a range (Shift & Click).

13 Likes

I agree with Malcolm and downloading multiple video is very tedious if you have 60 alerts in a day with people arriving at party and you need to figure out by combining the clip and running them in 2x mode to see where is the incident spotted.

Please consider this option to serious enhancement and would help others in the community (such as police or watchmens) to review the video (not waisting there time)

Hope to hear on this soon.

Regards

Vineet

I would also love a feature like this, but taken one step further - to an enhanced batch downloader. Select a time and date range and hit download. I would also request to have the videos auto-timestamped too.

That would be a GREAT feature, as the current system is tedious and frustrating beyond belief! It’s just not feasable to SCROLL down to 50-60 days ago on the website on the computer, especially as the site frequently just stops populating videos at a certain point. At least on the Android app, you can pick a date to jump too! I say this lovingly, but the way it works now is almost a joke!

Thanks!

Same thing applies even for the paid plan. This needs to be updated to allow for some/all of the videos to be downloaded. I can already select “all” events, but the download box is greyed out, please enable this functionality.

i would love to be able to download multiple videos. Seeing that i have to download one at a time is a pain. How the heck can we get them to add such a feature?

I wouldn’t mind if they download all as separate files even, but the process to download even one video is tedious, now try having to download 3 hours of recordings so you can work with them. This is a nightmare!

Just set up multiple floods at my house. At first I really liked being able to view my videos etc. but just realized that I can only download one motion video at a time… lame! I’m having a patio installed and wanted to make a timelapse of the etire 3-day process. The plan was to go in and download all my videos and create a movie for the crew… with the ability to only select one video at a time it would take my 3 days just to download everything. When I called the service provider says we don’t have many request like this… my thought is why not?!? This is a video camera that captures video… why wouldn’t I want to be able to edit it, etc… Its riduclus to me that Ring is limiting the abilities only because they are doing security. Video has many usecases and the fact that I can’t use my own video cameras that I paid very good money for to capture my videos is making pretty upset. I’m halfway through the 30 day trail and truling thinking about unistalling my floods and returing them and with no extra features to download my video besides 1 at a time, there is no reason for me to purchase an additional plan. To me ring is like a bank… but instead of stroing my cash they are storing my videos. Their current method is like telling me I need to withdraw a milltion dollars, $1 at a time… aint no body got time for that.

Add the ability to select and download multiple video at once. Single downloads are very time consuming and a bad user experience. It took me 25min to download 50 videos. I have to download 1 at a time and wait until each video finish downloading to move on to the next one.

It’s wonderful that you can download single videos. In most some case if something comes up and the court request you security feed between certain time periods like a whole day. It’s incredibly difficult to sit there and download 24 hours worth of video one by one. Please allow batch downloading. Right now I’m in a situation where I’m living with a domestic violence partner. At the end of the day I have to download all the footage for the day and put it on a hat drive to protect my self.

I’m sure I am not the only person who wants this. There REALLY needs to be an option to bulk download multiple recordings, with the option to select a date range and alert type.

This has been requested for years now. When will Ring allow us to download multiple videos at once from the website? I want to download 3 months’ worth of recordings, which can only be done individually.

This would be a huge time-saver for Ring customers!

It seems strange that this isn’t already a feature, but we should be able to mass download videos, or make it easier to download videos for one whole day.

Please add a feature to download multiple videos at the same time.

I would recommend and ask Ring, if they do not already, to please pull a list of all similar posts together, and tally their combined total of votes as a single request. There are multiple posts about this, so I think it’s important to have that data to truly understand and inform us of how much interest there is for a particular app feature.

1 Like

Expand web interface to

History >> Event History
manage events >> select multiple >> First 50

to include simple option to paginate through groups of 50
such as “Next 50” etc
to make easier to manually download videos in batches of 50 for bulk backup of video events

since no api or s3 bucket access is provided to do so any option is manually do this daily instead of some type of rsync option to grab updates to local storage on some cron job like schedule to local storage option for users