Door sensor status check in Alexa routine

Hi! I have been using Ring system (video doorbell, 3 cameras, and lots of door sensors) w/ Alexa device for about a year and quite satisfied so far. Recently I decided to add another door sensors on my garage doors because sometimes I forgot to close them at night. What I thought was if the door sensor status is open at a certain point of time (e.g., at 10 PM when I usually go to bed), Alexa can say the door is open.

I attached sensors to the garage doors and tried to create a routine in Alexa app, but failed to achieve what I was looking for. The only thing I could do was when the door actually opens (or closes) in a certain time period, Alexa can say a message or do other action.

But I believe it would be wonderful if Alexa can check the status of the Ring door sensor and notify it to me through routine.

Thank you,

2 Likes

I’m looking to do the same too (for a patio door). I’ve looked at IFTTT too but it only has doorbell and motion triggers.

Yes! That was the reason I purchased my garage door sensor…to have Alexa check the sensor every evening and notify me if it is open.

I was trying to create a routine to tell me if the garage door is left open. Best I can tell, one can only set up routine to tell is status is CHANGED from closed to open. Is that what folks are after? Any solution yet?