Dome Siren

The dome siren when it gets connected to the Ring Alarm System only sounds during alarm. They are so many settings we dont get access to because to because we are shut out of those settings. Give me access and everyone else as I would like to adjust the volume to 105db not the 95 Ring has set. Also I would love to be able to use it as a door chime just the the alarm panel and be able to change the siren to a different one.

14 Likes

@GreysFerryGhost wrote:
The dome siren when it gets connected to the Ring Alarm System only sounds during alarm. They are so many settings we dont get access to because to because we are shut out of those settings. Give me access and everyone else as I would like to adjust the volume to 105db not the 95 Ring has set. Also I would love to be able to use it as a door chime just the the alarm panel and be able to change the siren to a different one.

YES! The Dome Siren is capable of doing more than just “screaming at one volume.” Ring should provide a Device Options, so we can change to these (suggested) settings:

A parameter that sets the volume of the Siren sound. There are three possible volume levels available.
01 (Low Volume)
02 (Medium Volume)
03 (High Volume)

Also, a parameter that defines the length of the Alarm/primary notification.
01 (30 Seconds)
02 (1 Minute)
03 (5 Minutes)
FF (Plays Until Battery is Depleted)

:slight_smile:

@Margiebowen , @Shadowpap335 , @Zatt001 , @ringone , @jldg , @miketemm , @Crezzer , @GreysFerryGhost

Since you gave a “Thumbs Up” vote for the Feature Request of @GreysFerryGhost , add your “Thumbs Up” Kudo vote to similar request of @EdS (link below). The more Thumbs Up Kudo votes will better get the Ring Team’s attention. :slight_smile:

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Dome-Siren-Options/idi-p/53194

I would have purchased 2 or 3 sirens but reading the reviews on the certified Dome Siren it’s not loud enough. Would be great if Ring could come up with a louder siren with additional features customers have been asking for.