Custom entry exit delay options

Need a 5, 10, 15 second entry delay time added…30 seconds is a long time…an intruder could be in my home and down the hall in that amount of time!!

5 Likes

Agreed. 0 seconds leads to too many false alarms, and 30 seconds is too long.

3 Likes

I agree! ALOT can happen in 30 seconds! Try running through your home and see what you can destroy in 30 seconds and you’d be surprised! Heck! In 30 seconds a person can be in and out already! I have mine set to ZERO which is really what you want. If you trip it yourself and disarm within 30sec. all you will get is an automated call and nobody will be dispatched! The automated call just confirms you canceled the alarm then asks you if you need assitance just to be safe! I’ve done this by accident twice with 24/7 monitoring. This doesnt bother a “REAL” agent from getting involved and response time has been withing a minute 30sec or less based on my errors… Better than ADT ever was! I few times it took them over 3min to call for 49 dollars a month! Was NOT impressed! That’s why I no longer have ADT (CRAP!) and too expensive for little service…

2 Likes

They can find your alarm base station in 30 seconds and destroy it. Once destroyed, there’s no alarm or record of an alarm. Huge weakness in Ring Alarm.

You can set a time-delay of Zero seconds, if this worries you. And then use your Ring App on your mobile phone to arm & disarm while outside the house.

Yes, 30 seconds is way too much… and 0 is obviously too low if you want to use the keypad.

A Ring representative confirmed on this thread that smashing the keypad or base during the entry delay will not prevent the alarm signal from reaching the monitoring station.

https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/Tx12NL0YWHHZ7DF/

The Alarm event is sent as soon as the alarm is tripped but is delayed is being presented to the monitors until the entry delay has times out. If the code is entered to clear the alarm before the entry delay a Cancel signal is sent and the monitoring station will not view the alarm. If the keypad or base is destroyed before the code is entered the 2nd signal will not be received and the alarm will be presented to the monitors.

I have my delay set to 0. If the alarm is tripped Ring does not call as long as I cancel it myself in a few seconds. If I do not cancel it quickly they call within about 20 seconds.

I totally agree, we should be able to enter any value between 0 and 180 seconds. When will we get an update on this feature ?

I’ll reach out to kandyce@ring.com
She is the community satisfaction manager

I’m a bit confused as too why we can’t enter our own time for Entry/Exit delays and are stuck to the multiple choice options.

For example, 30 seconds in my house for an entry delay is too long, if the door opens a seasoned burglar would have my car keys and be out the door and into the car potentially before I even get notified the doors been breached.

Yet 0 seconds would mean that when my wife or I come in from a night shift and forget to disable the alarm via the app prior to opening the door we would immediately wake the other.

Please either add more options, maybe 10 second intervals? Or add the ability to enter a custom time delay.

2 Likes

Agree I want to see custom entry delays. For example 60 second delay for my garage door when I bring in my car and 15 seconds when I get in the front entry door.

3 Likes

I agree. Either custom delays or smaller incremental delays are needed.

2 Likes

I agree, 30 sec is too long, and 0 is too short, we need custom times, it really cant be that hard to integrate into the app.

1 Like

I agree - still no progress on this it seems?

2 Likes

My feature request is to add 15 seconds to the list of entry/exit delays, or just the ability to make it a custom amount of time. Currently the entry / exit delays are 30, 45, 60, 120, and 180 seconds. I would like a very short delay for when I am home. I use home mode when sleeping. 30 seconds is a very long period of time if someone were to break in while sleeping for the alarms to start sounding. At the same time, sometimes I or another member in the house forgets to disarm home mode in the morning, inadvertently setting of the alarm. It would be great to have a 10 or 15 second option, or just give people the ability to set their own delay times!

2 Likes

I agree, 15 secs would be great. 30 sec is way too much when the keypad is just next to the door.

4 Likes

Agreed why no 15 seconds or better yet custom?

2 Likes

They recently added mode schedules, so that people don’t forgot they can set the alarm to arm to a mode automatically or disarm automatically at a certain time and if a sensor needs bypassing it will automatically do it and arm your chosen mode as for the delay I agree there should be 15 second option

Absolutely agreed. 30s is an eternity. I could easily break into my garage and make off with bikes and tools and drive off before the alarm sounded.

Other users responses ive seen to this issue guess that the 30sec minimum is Rings way of preventing false alarms. I disagree since the alternative to a sensible delay of 10s, 15s, or a user defined delay is to set the alarm to trigger with no delay. So we’re being forced to either choose no delay or 30s. That’s going to cause more false alarms if my goal is to protect from break-in and theft.

1 Like

Agree, having few options under 30 seconds would be a great addition.

1 Like