Porch/Garage Light Design

I would like to see Ring design a light cam that I can replace my porch or side garage door lights with. Ones that look like normal exterior fixtures. Not floodlights or stick up cameras but something like the latern style you would buy at Lowes. The lights could be on low at all times but when motion is detected they turn on high and the camera is activated. It would be an attractive alternative to the floodlights or other cameras available.

This is the one missing product that has prevented me from switching to Ring from my current solution. Porch light security cameras make so much sense as they provide constant power, easy install, integrated lighting, and are aesthetically pleasing (Ring flood lights and spot cams are just plain ugly and stick out like a sore thumb).

I totally agree that this is needed and is the one missing product that has prevented me from switching to Ring from my current solution. Porch light security cameras make so much sense as they provide constant power, easy install, integrated lighting, and are aesthetically pleasing (Ring flood lights and spot cams are just plain ugly and stick out like a sore thumb).

Would love to switch to Ring from my current solution, but will not until Ring provides a porch light security camera product. Porch light security cameras make so much sense as they provide constant power, easy install, integrated lighting, and are aesthetically pleasing (Ring flood lights and spot cams are just plain ugly and stick out like a sore thumb).

Current solution (Kuna / Maximus) offers this and mostly happy. However, my current solutions failure to implement useful integrations (SmartHome hubs, voice assistants, etc) make Ring awfully enticing except that they lack a porch light solution.
Porch light security cameras make so much sense as they provide constant power, easy install, integrated lighting, and are aesthetically pleasing (Ring flood lights and spot cams are just plain ugly and stick out like a sore thumb).

1 Like

I looked into Kuna / Maximus but it looks like they aren’t even developing the platform any longer. There are large gaps between social media posts and a promise of IFTTT integration years ago and it never happened. Ring please make something similar!

I’ve seen versions of this buried in comments, I wanted to surface this feature request, as it seems pretty straightforward.

I’ve had “dumb” floodlights that have an option to come on at a reduced brightness level from dusk til dawn (or dusk + 2/4/6 hours), and come on full brightness when motion is detected.

Would like to see this feature added to the Ring Floodlights (can or no cam). This way the light comes on as a porch light as a nice layer of security , but then comes on at 100% when it detects motion and the camera then comes on.

Thank you

Spotlight cam, and Ring bulbs as well.

I agree, this would be a nice feature. The Solar Floodlight has this capability, in addition to being able to set the brightness of the lights.

Would be nice for a new product that would be multiple style options of porch lights, with an integrated camera with the same 3D motion sensing and bird’s-eye view features of the new spotlight.

Would like these features for a camera in the front of my house, but the spotlight camera would not blend in well, and would be considered tacky by my wife

please create a dusk/dawn lantern type light/camera for the front of my house. the design of my entry doesn’t allow for a doorbell cam due to the walls by the entry way, but I really would like a camera on the front of my house. I am not interested in a flood light on the street view and would love a dusk/dawn light camera option! I am sure tons of us would love this option.

I love the floodlight for he back yard. It would be nice to have something with more of a decorative style for the front porch or garage lights.

I’ve been looking for something exactly like this to add to my Ring system. I don’t want a Ring doorbell, but I would like to replace my decorative front porch lights that are on both sides of the front door, with wired lights w/ security camera.

This is the one missing product that has prevented me from switching to Ring from my current solution. Porch light security cameras make so much sense as they provide constant power, easy install, integrated lighting, and are aesthetically pleasing (Ring flood lights and spot cams are just plain ugly and stick out like a sore thumb).

Something similar to this would be great:

I agree! Ring should offer a nice porch-driveway light with a camera. This would be an alternative to the current spotlights.

A solution would be for Ring to offer a plate with the camera and motion sensor, with space to attach a standard porch light on top. Think of it as an adapter plate that can attach to a standard light can, with the camera and motion sensor mounted on it. The customer could then attach and wire any style of porch light they want on top of the plate. Of course, Ring would have to clearly state the max allowable rating for the light in Watts and/or Amps.

A solution would be for Ring to offer a plate with the camera and motion sensor, with space to attach a standard porch light on top. Think of it as an adapter plate that can attach to a standard light can, with the camera and motion sensor mounted on it. The customer could then attach and wire any style of porch light they want on top of the plate. Of course, Ring would have to clearly state the max allowable rating for the light in Watts and/or Amps.

Kuna/Maximus also makes something similar to what you are describing.

Are there any plans for a porch light with a camera, something like the Kuna porch light but a little nicer? The floodlights while great are not classy enough for the front entrance of your house.

I agree that porch light cameras are needed and would be a big hit

Imagine this but with a camera attached!

1-Light 8.25-in Black Outdoor Wall Light https://www.lowes.com/pd/Portfolio-8-25-in-H-Black-Medium-Base-E-26-Outdoor-Wall-Light/50153494