Custom Modes

Although this has been mentioned in various ways by proposing different options on modes or singular new modes for our specific use cases… I think the best and simplest solution for Ring is to just offer “Custom Modes”.

Let the user just make as many modes as they want for their purposes with custom labels. For example: “Sleep Mode”, “Pet Home Alone Mode”, “Night Mode”, “Guest Mode”, etc.

With each mode, you choose which sensors to arm, which to monitor (not arm), and which to deactivate entirely. The variables depend on individual use cases, and just adding one more mode is not enough for people. Make as many modes as your home needs!

Wanted to post fresh with just this as the idea/subject, but kudos if you agree!

13 Likes

I have to agree this would be great idea I was looking to see if there was a way to do this

4 Likes

I am looking for this as well. Don’t forget about motion sensitivity/snapshot etc. Real life scenario:

Home (Day): Front driveway motion and notify on, doorbell motion and notify on, indoor motion and notify off, garden motion on, notify off. Snapshots off, motion sensitivity low.

Home (Night): Front driveway motion and notify on, doorbell motion and notify on, indoor motion and notify on, garden motion on, notify on. Snapshots on, motion sensitivity maximum.

Away: Front driveway motion and notify on, doorbell motion and notify on, indoor motion and notify on, garden motion on, notify on. Snapshots on, motion sensitivity low on outdoor cameras but PEOPLE ONLY on indoor camera to avoid pets movement detection.

At the moment the scenario described above is not possible to set up. And it’s really not difficult to deploy - you’ve got all the options available already, just multiply it for us in the app, so we can save them under ‘profiles’, ‘modes’ whatever you want to name it, it doesn’t matter to me.

4 Likes

Another vote for custom modes. I find we’re not using the alarm as much as we could because the two modes available don’t meet most needs.

1 Like

+1, I would need to be able to alarm say just my garage on its own. No need for anything complex, just custom modes that you can chose which sensors are actie

100% agree we need custom modes to get the most out of our Ring systems. I wonder… is there anyway to find out if this feature improvement is anywhere on Ring’s roadmap?

2 Likes

I need this badly. I bought the whole ring security system assuming that this was a feature. This feature is pretty standard on antique alarm systems known as partial arming.

I am extremely surprised that this isn’t already supported. Even if it’s not custom mode a sleep mode is a must.

1 Like

Yep, +1. Agree 100%. Should also have the ability to schedule modes.

1 Like

The App needs 1 additional Mode: “Home and Asleep”

Reason: I have 6 exterior cameras, 2 doorbells, and 4 interior cameras. When I’m home during the day I want to know who is coming into my yard. I also have door sensors so that if a camera were to not work and an intruder enters my home it will alarm while I’m asleep. However, when I’m home during the day I want my cameras on, but do not want my boys setting off the alarm every time they go through one of those doors.

I can’t use Away Mode when I’m sleeping because that Mode is used to turn on all the interior motion sensors. First time a child or I get up in the middle of the night it will set off the alarm.

4 MODES NEEDED

Disarmed
Home And Awake: Cameras on and door sensors/ window sensors off
Home And Sleep: cameras and door/window sensors on.
AWAY: everything on including motion sensors

2 Likes

I was an iSmartalarm user for quite some time and this was standard functionality. Unfortunately they didn’t survive but such functionality is really lacking. It’s a shame I found out only after investing in Ring, perhaps a wrong investment, since I don’t see many efforts to listen to feature requests…

Need custom modes to allow for things like when the kids have friends to stay and we want only the door sensors working so they can stay up late and go downstairs without setting the alarm off.

5 Likes

Is this available yet? App useless without it

2 Likes

I came here hoping to find that custom modes were already a thing, but that I just didn’t know how to configure them. What a major bummer. I would like to have modes like, “Home with Guests,” “Home Weekday,” and “Home Nights,” to make the most use of our door chimes based on certain circumstances. This is a “must-have” in our home for many reasons, and I’m seriously disappointed to find out we may need to move on to a new solution. Frustrating.

2 Likes

+100 for this feature. We need this yesterday. It has taken you far too long Ring/ Amazon to bake this in.

I couldn’t believe this wasn’t already available.

Please add this feature!

100% agree. Custom modes are a must. We would love to have a mode for pets home alone and young adults home alone.

Seems like a pretty easy setting that just allows you to set a name and which features you want enabled.

Agreed. I really need this feature for all the reasons stated above.

I would like to be able to create a mode for a keypad - to turn off the sound or turn it on at certain times, is that going to be an option?

Please add this feature