More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

This is the single feature that is stopping me from upgrading to ring. Also where are the 4K ring cameras? I wish arlo would figure out a nice alarm system. I want to use the same company for alarm and video security. Right now arlo is far superior on cameras with HomeKit and resolution. I need to change out my ring doorbell to them as well, but I was waiting on ring to update this feature first to see which way to go.

Can we call someone at Ring to get the status of custom tones or add more sounds? I have 8 stick up cameras and it would be helpful to be able to assign a different sound to a few cameras so I know which camera has motion. Even if they would add more simple alert sounds to the existing choices of tones. Currently I have 4 cameras set to the same tone and the other 4 cameras to a different tone. it would be very helpful to have more tones to choose from to narrow down which camera is triggered instead of having to look at all the cameras to see which one is triggered. Please consider adding more tones or sounds or chirps or allow us to add custom tones. Thanks for your consideration.

1 Like

I called Ring today. It was the general Customer Support. I requested that the desire here be expressed up thru the channels. Whether that happens or no, no telling. In today’s corporate run world, talking to someone other than a peon is non-existent. Maybe if enough of us call, something will change. I for one was excited to hear the Adams Family Doorbell in my house whenever someone came by… i’ll have to wait I guess.

1 Like

Hello,
I have a Chime Pro. Whilst there are a few options for different chime tones, it would be great to have a custom tone option, so that I could add any short sound file to be triggered when my ring is pressed or motion detected.
Thank you,
Ryan

Custom chime for all devices would be great.

4 Likes

Would really appreciate this as well. Please add!!!

2 Likes

I completely agree. This shouldn’t be too hard to add as an update either. When will this come out?

3 Likes

Totally agree! It obviously can be done because of the Halloween chimes that are put out there - please add!!

2 Likes

Use the phones native ringtones

2 Likes

The chime isn’t in my phone it’s a stand alone device. The phone tones can’t be uploaded to the chime.

1 Like

Just installed Video 3. Excellent.

Same as original contributor, I want my own chime tone. Can’t be that difficult to add an mp3 file!

2 Likes

Same here-- custom chime tones, please!

1 Like

Yes this is urgently needed. I hvae a Ring Doorbell and Chime at my mothers who has dementia. I really want to change the Chime tone to a customer sounds telling her to answer the door.

In the ideal world there would be time based profiles with the ability change the Chime tone for each profile. So you could hvae a general profile, weekend profile, Do Not Disturb profile, etc.

As others have commented this is not a hard feature to implement (unless your code is not architected correctly).

3 Likes

Yes please can we have this feature. It seems like something that should already be available but isn’t. Thanks

2 Likes

Please add this!

2 Likes

Please update the app to manage us to make our own Ring and Chime tones.

If Ring want to be assosiated with a modern and innovativ tech company, you really should get this fixed ASAP.

Reg Joesaeth.

1 Like

Was searching for instructions for doing this and found this. Loading a custom tone or tune to Ring or Chime is what I would like to do. Please add this feature.

2 Likes

I totally agree, it would be nice to add custom ringtones…

1 Like

Would also like to see a “Silent” option in Chime Tones for both Rings and Motions like you have for the Doorbell.

Totally agree. A premium priced like the RING product is should have the possiblity to upload your own ring tones. Most cheaper door bells can nowadays!

1 Like