cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom App Alert Tones for Contact and Motion Sensors

Custom App Alert Tones for Contact and Motion Sensors

There should be a way to cutomize the App Alert Tones for your contact and motion sensors.  You already have this option availalble for cameras so I would think it would be pretty easy to add that option for the contact and motion sensors (or all sensors).  Currently, when I receive a push notification from my contact sensor open or close it uses my default notification sounds.  So without looking at my phone I don't know whether I'm receiving a text message notification or a ring notification. 

2 Comments
New Neighbor II

@WB77 wrote:

There should be a way to cutomize the App Alert Tones for your contact and motion sensors.  You already have this option availalble for cameras so I would think it would be pretty easy to add that option for the contact and motion sensors (or all sensors).  Currently, when I receive a push notification from my contact sensor open or close it uses my default notification sounds.  So without looking at my phone I don't know whether I'm receiving a text message notification or a ring notification. 

Hello @WB77 ,

Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.  Smiley Happy

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941...

New Neighbor II

@WB77 wrote:

There should be a way to cutomize the App Alert Tones for your contact and motion sensors.  You already have this option availalble for cameras so I would think it would be pretty easy to add that option for the contact and motion sensors (or all sensors).  

Oh, and @WB77  if you were also referring to the Sound Tones that you heard, there is a limited selection already for Contact & Motion Sensors call "Chirp Tones."   I don't know why the Sounds Tones are titled differently, with Camera sounds known as "App Alert Tones" , and with Contact & Motion Sensors known as "Chirp Tones", but here is how you set/change those:

For Camera's "App Alert Tones":  main menu > Devices > select the camera > Device Settings (Gear) icon button > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones > select the App Alert Tone sound of your choice, including the available choice of 'Silent'.

For Alarm Motion or Contact Sensor "Chirp Tones":  main menu > Devices > Alarm Base Station > select the sensor > Chirp Tones icon button > select the Chirp Tone sound of your choice, including the available choice of 'None'.

I hope you find this information useful  Smiley Happy