More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

I want more holiday chimes. I had them and the. They took it off what happened

2 Likes

We need to know which ring has motion immediately as a security safety factor. We should be able to use one chime for this instead of buying a chime for each door bell.

We are now up to three cameras. My wife says to me, you need to make the chime sound differently for each camera. The tone was “why didnt you set it up correctly”. I told her I looked for this when setting it up, but its not possible. She said “well thats just a flaw in the system then” I don’t want to argue with my wife, but she’s right - this is an obvious feature which should be included in the system. My 12 year old was like - that should be a pretty easy software change. He’s right too, assuming its structured correctly, the chime should know which camera is being activated and therefore should be able to pick a unique sound. So Ring, whats the problem - just add this simple feature and make your customers happy.

1 Like

Hello @abittman ,

To clarify, you do have a limited selection of different available “App Alert Tones” or “Chirp Alert” sounds that you can use for your three cameras. Your three cameras don’t have to sound the same on your Ring App.

But if you are referring to the sound on a Ring Chime or Ring Chime Pro device, then yeah, you are stuck with only one sound emanating out of that chime device for all three cameras.

But as for the sounds coming from your Ring App, you have three cameras and there are more than three Tones available. In my case, I have more cameras than there are total selection choices. So I would like the Custom App Alert Tones/Chirp sounds in order not to be limited by the current selections.

For you Ring App sounds, you can change your three camera sounds by going to main menu > Devices > select a camera > scroll to and then select Device Settings (the Gear Icon) > Alert Settings > App Alert Tones > and then make your choice for which sound & volume you would like to assign to that camera. This Alert sound will be heard on your App , and if you have a Ring Alarm system it also would be heard on your Base Station and Keypad.

In my case, I have more cameras than available sounds selections, so I prefer the “Custom Request” option. Currently I have my multiple cameras on the west-side all assigned as “Cowbells” and my multiple east-side are all barking “Dogs.” So at least I can hear which side of the building the motion is on, but I can’t tell which exact individual camera sounding. I have to look and read the ‘push’ text Notification on my App to determine which camera it is.

But with your three cameras, you should be able to make three different sound choices for your Ring App, one for each camera. I hope this helps you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Please keep the seasonal/holiday chimes on the app year round. It’s my doorbell, I should be able to listen to whatever I want. Thanks!

1 Like

This would really improve security, knowing if there is movemeny in the front yard or the back yard.

1 Like

I have multiple Ring doorbells: One at my house, one at Mom’s house, one at a second home, one of my girlfriend’s house. I would like to record custom alert sounds that simply say “Someone’s at Mom’s front door,” “Motion at your apartment front door,” etc. This would be much more direct and much simpler than trying to decode which doorbell is being activated based on the beep or chirp or whatever. As it stands, I have to remember that my own front door is the ping-pong sound and mom’s Front door is some other beep (which actually I can’t remember right now).

1 Like

@joeld wrote:
Please keep the seasonal/holiday chimes on the app year round. It’s my doorbell, I should be able to listen to whatever I want. Thanks!

Hello @joeld ,

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

1 Like

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

3 Likes

Please have more holiday chime tones. I had deck the halls and now it is missing! Why??? very disappointing.

1 Like

@Boone Thank you for the suggestions here! I’ve merged these threads together :slight_smile:

Yes definitely this is required, currently there is no much difference to grab attention what door and window was open, I am searching for the same, Surprised Ring does not have that while other systems have that feature as basic

I have two Ring doorbells… One at the front door and one at the side door. The app only lets me set one round for ringing the bell, and one sound for motion. I should be able to set each doorbell independently, so that I know from the sound which doorbell to head to.

Also, Ring Chime devices should be able to have a different alert for each doorbell.

15 Likes

I would like to be able to use two different ring tones on my chime pro for each doorbell. I have two doorbells and need that feature to know which doorbell is being rung. I have s very large home and have one for the front door and one for the back door.

19 Likes

Update/backport the Ring Chime product so that it supports different ring chimes for motion and doorbell. NOT just the standard 2.

Why? Because it is confusing when you have changed thecamera motion detection chime so that each chime is different and represents a different area, this works on the Ring iphone App, but is not reflected on Ring Chime product - i.e. just the generic chime sounds and you can’t differentiate where it came from like you can from the chimes on the mobile phone.

17 Likes

Being able to integrate a chime with SmartThings for example amd have it ring a custom chime would tripple the usability of this product!

2 Likes

This request is related to other requests for more alerts-sounds for other Ring Video devices, like the Indoor Cam, Stick-up cam, Spotlight Cam, and the different variants of the Ring Doorbell & Chime devices. Yes, I agree for the need for more/different sound choices, to determine quickly which device was activated (without having to look at your phone notification, which can take some valuable time). Having multiple video devices inside and outside, and several doorbells, can make it difficult to determine which device it is (by sound alone) due to the limited number of available alerts choices.

Instead of having Ring pick alert-sounds for us, would it be possible to add an alert-sound called “Custom” and then provide a method for the user to “Import” a sound file into this custom slot? Even better, provide “Custom 1”, “Custom 2”, and Custom 3", etc. That way the user could import several different alert-sounds according to their specific desires/needs. There are plenty of Sound Files that can be downloaded free off the internet. And you could even make your own alert-sound file or alert-voice recording too! I bet some people will make some funny/unique sound files to use as their custom alert-sounds!

1 Like

Is there anyway to keep holidays tones available throughout the entire year?
There are some I want all
Year long.

1 Like

The chime options are limited. Specifically, a chime that is has a short duration and louder. For example legacy alarm systems from Honeywell use a short, sharp “beep beep beep”.

1 Like

@PeterC1 wrote:

The chime options are limited. Specifically, a chime that is has a short duration and louder. For example legacy alarm systems from Honeywell use a short, sharp “beep beep beep”.

Hello @PeterC1 ,

Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.