More or Custom Chime and Chirp Tones in the Ring App

I liked the Adams Family tone you had for the chimes and one of mine still has it. Is there was a way to use say use an mp3 for the chime? I have 6 doors and would like to add a tome like “Front Door” or “Left Side Door” so I know where the ring is coming from instead of having to remember a bunch of tones and what door they are.

Basic tones like: Driveway, Deck, North Side, East Side, South Side, West Side.
Thank you!

I made this request in 2019. I saw an update that I should make it on here so I am going to make it again.

On the App on my Iphone (IOS), I can make each of my cameras give a different sound indication when it detects motion. Is there way to do this on the OSX app? In addition, I saw another thread about disabling the sound on the motion alerts and I believe the person who answered the question didn’t fully understand the question. I still want video popups when there is motion on some or all the cameras but I don’t want the sound. Is there a way to do this or are my only choice is to disable notification or get notifications with chime and video?

Is there anyway currently to adjust App Alert Tones on the iMac app? I would like to change the default ring tone on my iMac, the same way you can change it on a iPhone or iPad.

Is there anyway to keep holidays tones available throughout the entire year?
There are some I want all
Year long.

Hello @Zoupem ,

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

4 vibrations is really annoying, 0 makes having a camera pointless. I don’t use ring tones, please provide the option to control how many vibrations, or the vibration pattern, even if it’s just a soft, medium, and standard option.

Thanks!

I 100% agree. 4 rings is way too obnoxious. Ive thought about switching to another doorbell if functionality to control the vibration pattern is allowed to the users.

Is there any update on this?

I would love to be able to choose seasonal ringtones all year round, and a more variety of tones.

@Audrey wrote:

I would love to be able to choose seasonal ringtones all year round, and a more variety of tones.

Hello @Audrey ,

If you had a “Custom” option then you could import any seasonal/holiday sound or chime that you desire. You would not be limited to the choices that Ring selects, nor be disappointed when Ring removes that seasonal sound. Add your Kudo vote to the link below if you like the idea of having Customized App Alert Tones & customized Chirp Tones.

https://community.ring.com/t5/Feature-Request-Board/Custom-Alerts-Chirp-Sounds-selections/idi-p/4941…

Please make the seasonal ringtones available again

There needs to be a way to change the push alert tone on the ring alarm. I need to know that it is an alarm notice and needs to be loud enough to wake me in the night. This is a must for self monitoring.

Hello. I know many are asking about having a Chime Pro, and want different chimes for each doorbell. I have seen Google searches where they say it is possible, but I am not sure which devices they are talking about.

We specifically have two Wired Ring Doorbell ($50.00) and one Ring Chime Pro. We have wirelessly connected each Wired Doorbell to the single Chime Pro, but I cannot find a way in the app to associate each doorbell to its own Chime Pro sound.

Is this possible with the configuration listed above, or do I need a second chime to have a different sound for each doorbell.

Thanks.

Just another 2nd. Hear, hear.

It would be nice to have custom alert tones or have voice tones.
I use a different alert tone for each of my cameras. There are not enough tones. I woudl really like my phone to say, “Motion alert backdoor camera."

Is there a way to customize Alert tone options for iPhone? Existing options are extremely lame, many of the tones are simply annoying and not helpful. Plus the ones specifying location seem to have disappeared, such as motion at your back yard etc. Seems to me a no brainer to include a bunch of these, for example Front Yard, Driveway, Garage, Pool, Side Yard, Back Yard, Deck, Patio etc. What is so hard about providing that???

1 Like

Just attempting to add my voice to the call for the ability to have 2 or 3 Customised Alert tones that could be stored maybe as mp3 files for the Ring Video Doorbell Wired. :sunglasses:

Add me to the list. I’m demoing a ring alarm system now to replace existing alarm system. This is a con on my list for keeping the ring system.

We would like to customize OUR Ring doorbell tones!! I Personally want “Three’s Company” theme song playing! Personally puts me in the mood 4company!!! Whats stopping US??:face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle: