Override Do Not Disturb Mode in Ring App

From what I’ve read, the Critical Alert for iOs is only there for Ring Alarms, not for doorbells and cams. I definitely want it for my doorbell.

Is there a way you can add a “quiet” or “do not disturb” mode that can turn off the doorbell sound inside? I have it hard wired and it’s to an older bell inside. But I also have small children who have nap time and it would be great to just turn the doorbell “off” for a short period of time so the kids could nap. I know other doorbells have this feature and it would be great if Ring had it too.

There needs to be a feature to allow specific device notifications if iOS Do Not Disturb feature is enabled. Currently only critical alerts related to your alarm are able to bypass the DND feature, but I need the flood light cameras on my vehicles to send me notifications late night due to reoccurring break-ins.

I too would like push notifications even when iPhone on do not disturb at night but only for my cameras not neighborhood. Any chance this will get done soon?

Absolutely necesaary!!!

I think it is necesary too, but there is already request for this feature on a previous page - could the two be combined somewhow please?

TBH I can’t believe we need to ask for this functionality. It’s a bit of a no-brainer. Should have been implemented ages ago without being asked for.

Absolutely necessary. Doorbell ringing or Motion detection at night must Override do not disturb or allow Critical alerts on ios app. PLEASE!! We will sleep better knowing we will hear our Ring doorbell.
THX

I want to know if there is a person on my porch in the middle of the night, but I don’t want to disable Do Not Disturb on my iPhone.

Please allow alerts to override this feature. No sense having a camera if I have to wait until morning to find out someone tried to break in.

1 Like

I totally agree. It makes no sense that your choice is either to leave your phone on and can’t sleep becasue you get emails notifications in the middle of the night which wake you up or you can’t sleep at night becuase you are worried that because you have swithced your Iphone to Do Not Disturb mode and won’t get alerts from my camera when the whole point of the camera is to get alerts. I am not a tech person but Ring fixed this issue for their alarms so why not for cameras?

Exactly. I already have my settings tweaked so I ONLY get alerts for “people,” yet it’s an all or nothing solution.

I don’t want to get woken up each time a moth flies near my camera. But, I’d want to know if there was a person peeking in my front door windows. Guess I’ll just have to be reactive and send the footage to the cops should I ever need to contact them.

Ring Team,

Please enable also critical alerts even when phone is in Do Not Disturb or night mode for Ring Cam motion alerts. Critical (alarm) alerts get trough do not disturb mode, this is not the case for ring motion alerts. I even purchased the Ring Alarm base station as I thought I would be able to get motion cam alerts also, but unfortunately this was not the case so i returned it. So again many Ring users have cameras installed in their second home or in their (grand) parents home. Motion Cam alerts should get through phone do not disturb mode also. Ring Cams are often used as Security cams in combination with an alarm security system from a different brand. Enable this critical feature please!. (Sometimes it feels like the Ring Development team even dont use Ring device but different brand as some of the feature request here are so obvious…)…

The instructions on-line make it appear that this option should be available. Evidently, it only works for the alarm. I agree, this should be an option for ALL motion detection and doorbell devices.

no…only if you have the ring alarm evidently

All iOS device have this section, even now a days some android device added this system. If you want to stop this service, you can easily done. There are many Antivirus program can handle this system of features.

Good news, as of iOS15 you can allow apps through without them having to support Critical Alert functionality: Turn off Do Not Disturb - Apple Support

For Ring alarm you can disable neighbor alerts under Neighbors > Settings > Neighborhood Settings > Push Notification Settings. You can disable them by type or and/or time. Also check Settings > Alert settings > Alarm > Push and turn off the things you don’t want to be pinged about in your sleep.

My Ring app always overrides my iPhone ‘Do Not Disturb’ configuration and I prefer it not to override it. Any suggestions?

Hi @mregge. Ring notifications do not override the Do Not Disturb mode. The only exception is if you have set it up to receive emergency alerts from the Ring Alarm while in Do Not Disturb mode, as outlined here. I’d recommend checking those settings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

they need to make an option for this. When I sleep at night, I want to know if my ring goes off but I don’t want phone calls, text messages and emails. This should be a very simple solution.