Apple Watch App

I agree.

We have the ability to receive notifications motion has triggered a Ring Camera recording but nothing further. My previous home security camera system (iCam by SKJM) sent a notification to my Apple Watch that allowed my to view the records forage whenever motion was detected on my WiFi cameras.

It’s long overdue for such feature to be developed for Ring devices owners via an Apple Watch Ring App that would as be extremely beneficial to:
Receive notification of motion detected by a camera and be able to view the recording on the Apple Watch;
Receive notification of motion detected by a camera and take action like talk to the person in view of the camera.
Use all functions of the Ring App alarm system on a watch app.

I’m confident this would be useful to other Apple Watch owners who currently get notified of motion detected in Ring cameras but then have to revert to their phone to do anything about whatever activity is occurring at home.

Still interested in this Ring. Get the programming sloths to start on it and we will love you for ever.

Agreed-- Ring is way behind here. My OLD alarm system tied into alarm.com and had an Apple Watch app for arming/disarming.

They should also make a Samsung app for Samsung Galaxy watches.

Yes please

So the staff at ring we are waiting on an answer from you. Balls in your court how much longer are you going to make us wait?

@EricM wrote:
Why hasn’t Ring created a fully functional Apple Watch App? I’d like to be able to Arm or disarm my Ring Alarm, check the cameras, when motion is detected, or even see any camera at any time. What’s the deal?

1 Like

lets just say watch app in general. Would love this on my samsung watch as well

I am hoping some at Ring support is reading this thread. I would love to have an app to arm or dis arm from my Apple Watch.

Agreed that this would be an ideal feature - I go scrambling for my phone every time when the alert comes to my watch. It would be incredibly convenient to have the ability to at least disable from the watch. As with all software requests, the only thing that ever pushes the needle forward is competition or a lot of upvotes, so mark the topic with kudos (or start shopping alternatives?)

1 Like

Lots of alarm companies now will let you control mode settings through your watch. Don’t understand how Ring can’t achieve this. Apple TV should be a winner for people also.

Yes please have an Apple Watch app available to arm and disarm ring alarm. It makes it very convenient especially when you accidentally set off the alarm and/or you can’t find your phone in the house. ADT has had this for a few years now.

I agree with all the previous comments but a the very least ability to arm & disarm from the Apple Watch or any other wearable technology

Excellent idea. Perhaps similar functionality on the Apple Watch app as well.

Frontpoint your competitor has this. Ring please add this ASAP please.

1 Like

It seems like a huge miss to not be able to turn on/off security system from Apple Watch. Come on ring.

Please make an Apple Watch app to arm/disarm and see doorbell video feed.

Please add siri and Apple HomeKit integration.

3 Likes

Pathetic that Ring does not have this, I’m looking at other options

Hi:

I can arm, disarm and get status with app.simplecommands.com

I agree and this is one reason I’m looking at simplisafe to replace ring completely. It’s ridiculous ring doesn’t have the app for apple watch.

Apple watch app is a must please.